Today would have been my parents’ 76th anniversary. They were both 19 years old when they married. They didn’t have any pictures from their wedding. They were married in a double ceremony with one of my father’s sisters and her husband. It was a private ceremony. This picture was taken about five years later. This is the oldest picture I have of them together.They celebrated their 50th at a dinner party at our home. Here is a plaque with a picture taken at that party. It’s hard to believe. That was 26 years ago. This year my husband and I will celebrate our 50th.
I believe this is the only professional photograph they ever had made together.
They were together for 66 years. My Dad died in 1998. Mother died exactly one year later.
They were together for 66 years. My Dad died in 1998. Mother died exactly one year later.

A lovely tribute to your mom and dad! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteA fly on the wall! Often over the years I have made the comment, "I would like to be a fly on the wall". You have finally allowed me to be just that fly. It is fun taking a look in all your rooms. Looking at the front of your house made me a little nostalgic remembering the times my husband and I were a guest in your lovely home.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I see a resemblance between you and your mom (when she was very young).
What a day that would have been if they had lived to celebrate this BIG anniversary!! So nice of you to remember them here too..Hope your day is great...
ReplyDeleteSandy
Charlotte, This is my 1st time to visit your lovely blog. Don't you love the beautiful memories that you can share with others? In June of 1987 my Husbands parents celebrated their 5oth anniversary.
ReplyDeleteHe was a pastor for 55yrs. The following year in June 1988 he went Home to be with the Lord and 6months later she also left to join her husband. My husband & I will have our 50th Nov.14 of this year.
We feel so blessed. Our church family has 4 couples having 50 years together this year. The church is honoring all of us with a special service to repeat vows and also refreshments afterwards.
We feel honored to have such a church family. God bless you!
Dear Ailene,
ReplyDeleteI appreciate so much the nice comment you made above. If you happen back by this way I hope you read this. I hope you will come back and visit often.
Blessings and congratulations on your 50th anniversary this year.
Charlotte
Lovely couple. You must miss them dearly.
ReplyDeleteGod bless you today, Charlotte!
Brenda :)
Charlotte, Thanks for sharing the pictures of your parents. 50 years of marriage is really something to celebrate. I see where you get your good looks!! Hugs, Terrie
ReplyDeleteThis is a wonderful tribute to your mom and dad.
ReplyDeleteI think as time goes by we miss our parents more….
Louise
This is a beautiful tribute to your parents. It is so rare anymore for couples to be married 50 years. It is so wonderful.
ReplyDeleteThis is a lovely post. Thank you for sharing about your parents.
Kathi
what a blessing, to have 66 years together!
ReplyDeleteCharlotte,
ReplyDeleteI love this beautiful new post! It is so awesome to me when people have beautiful longtime marriages, look at you too...50 yrs.!!!!! WOW! I am on 25 yrs. this year and he still makes my heart pound! :)
Thank you Lord for all the wonderful happy marriages!
Hugs to you, have a wonderful Friday and weekend to come!
Donna Lynn
That was a nice tribute! I hope that you have a wonderful 50th anniversary!
ReplyDeleteginger
That was a nice tribute! I hope that you have a wonderful 50th anniversary!
ReplyDeleteginger
That was a beautiful post and a wonderful tribute to your parents. I am sure your mother did cling to the Psalms verse that last year. It was one that God directed me to during a difficult time. Thanks for stopping over and for leaving such a sweet comment.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Sherry