Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Our Office aka Hubby's Room


Bird houses my husband made. He made lots lots more. Will feature at a later date. He bought the two flags, India & U.S., for his office at church because of our support for Kulpahar Kids' Home in India. Now that he's retired, it's here in our home office.



Notice the "Duck" theme in the room?




Ceiling fan blade in foreground.

Leah, our missionary in India gave us the silkscreen pictures of the elephants. Water buffalo and elephant are from Kenya.

He found this bookcase at a yard sale.

Is my hubby a fun guy or what?

Miniature bats we got in Louisville.

He found this duck pillow at a yard sale. It fit the theme of the room.

Today is (would have been) my parents wedding anniversary. I wanted to finish up the tour of this room before we leave it. Sometime later in the day, I'll post a tribute to my parents.

4 comments:

  1. Is your husband is a fun guy! He did such a wonderful jos decorating. I am sure that you tought him a thing or two.
    Have a wonderful day,
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again, Charlotte...

    Thanks for you kind comments and for stopping by!

    I was born and raised in Long Beach in 1958. I didn't go to Disneyland until I was 5 (1963), but I do remember driving through cow pastures to get there—and Knott's Berry Farm. You are so right about how times have changed. It's wall to wall concrete now.

    Just think, you didn't live far from l'il ol' me! My Dad worked for GTE and installed telephones in Norwalk. "It's a small world after all..."

    Hugs, KJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your husband did a very good job of decorating... it is so fun to see your treasures for different parts of the world...
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by yesterday!! That first one from "what I thought was" your hubby!! Hm!! I do not hear from many men...smile!! HOpe your day is great.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte