There are also a lot of comments people have made after reading the letter you might be interested in. Just click on Feedback.
Dear Oprah,

I remember when you first launched your daily talk program throughout the country. My wife and I have watched with amazement as it has grown. I know you have been gratified by its broad acceptance and popularity.
My wife Betty and I have been praying for you since Gene Self (my former staff member and close friend of Stedman's) began to tell me about the relationship you had with his friend. On numerous occasions I thought we were going to be able to get together and just talk based on comments Stedman made to my associate. This never occurred, but we have watched your television programs and especially the talk format grow until they have worldwide impact.
Betty and I also host a daily television program, LIFE Today (http://www.lifetoday.org/), which airs around the world. I also founded the ministry of Life Outreach International. With the help of countless supporters, Betty and I have been sharing the life and love of God in word and deed in the U.S. and abroad. We focus heavily on Africa, feeding more than 400,000 children each month and drilling hundreds of fresh water wells.
I am writing out of a sincere love and concern for you. I have heard some comments recently, visited the "New Earth" and witnessed the influence of Eckhart Tolle. Some of your statements concerning your beliefs and the direction you are going actually brought tears to my wife's eyes. She was stunned to hear your views of Jesus Christ, eternity and the Bible.
The letter is rather lengthy so I will not repeat it all. To read the rest of the letter click HERE
What a touching letter. I am glad that James Robinson has the power and influence and the guts to write such a letter. I hope and pray she will read it. It is very sad the way she has gone astray and is leading many who follow her.
ReplyDeleteKathi
Thanks for sharing this. I think Oprah needs a lot... of prayer. It makes me sick that she's getting this kind of message out to so many people. I think she is very lost... and confused. I hope she reads this letter. I'm sure she's getting many. Hugs, Terrie
ReplyDeleteThank you very much for sharing this. I have been very disturbed by seeing videos of Oprah expressing her ideas. Mr. Robinson's letter is a clear and gracious overture to Ms. Winfrey. The letter is well written and exemplifies (I believe) how a Christian might approach those who negate Christian principles.
ReplyDeletethank you so much for visiting!
ReplyDeleteHi Charlotte, That's an intense letter. My prayer is that her eyes will be opened to the Truth.
ReplyDeleteot here, Thanks for your input. I am so EXCITED, I finally figured it out. Seriously, it's taken me a long time. Let me know what you think next time your visiting.
Happy Sunday!
Brenda :)
The direction Oprah is going is so disturbing. I hope this well written and thought provoking letter will open her eyes.
ReplyDeleteHugs!
KD
Hi Charlotte!
ReplyDeleteI so admire Oprah's giving heart and her tenacity, but she is on dangerous ground. The Bible tells us that "to whom much is given, much is required." She has incredible influence and she is using it to guide people along a path of destruction. I have joked that if, today, she recommended a specific type of toilet paper, the shelves would be empty of that brand tomorrow.
Oprah and I share the same Birthday and I suppose that I have used that information as a sense of staying committed to her in prayer. I happened to tune in on the day of this New Age book launch and was deeply grieved. People are approaching it much like a Bible Study and eagerly giving their testimonials. They are using the laws of reciprocity and gathering power from the Universe. Even non-Christians have been a little frightened by her influence.
Oprah has created a designer god. She desperately needs our prayers. Can you imagine how her influence could be used to promote the Gospel! Just picturing that makes me pray even more.
Best Blessings, KJ
Wow...what a heart!
ReplyDeleteI've seen a lot of condemnation and fear of Oprah in Blogland recently.
James with help of the Holy Spirit has cut right to the heart of the matter.
Oprah needs Christ and she needs us Christians to pray for her not condemn!
Thanks so much for sharing this!♥