Sunday, April 27, 2008

The World Did Not Know Him

The true light, which enlightens everyone, was coming into the world. He was in the world, and the world came into being through him; yet the world did not know him. He came to what was his own, and his own people did not accept him.

But to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God who were born, not of blood or of the will of the flesh or of the will of man, but of God. - John 1:9-13

How sad. People now are looking for enlightenment in all kinds of ways. If they could only hear and understand the above scripture.

My daughter brought me home from church this morning and we stopped and had Mexican food for lunch. Then we went by Best Buy and she bought a new digital camera. Where was my dear hubby you may wonder. He stayed after the worship service to teach a class, the first class he has taught in over a year. He still has not gotten home yet. He loves to teach and preach so I'm glad he had this opportunity.

The banner picture for today is a picture given to us by a wonderful Christian man that we met when we were in India. We were in his home. This picture was on his wall. My husband commented on how much he liked the picture. The next time our missionary from there came back to the states, she delivered the picture to us. Ravi had sent it by her. He tried to find one like it but couldn't find another one, so he gave us his. I don't need to tell you how much it means to us.

6 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I am have a busy busy day but wanted to stop by because I look forward to your Sunday blog. I knew it would be great thank-you.
    Have a blessed Sunday,
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. Thank you Charlotte. The painting is so special and glorious.

    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as I opened your blog, I thought "I love her new heading photo" and now that I know the story behind it, I love it even more. What an unselfish gift he gave to you both.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new banner. Thta's what I tought as soon as your blog came up on my monitor. I did not know at that time what a special picture it truly is. I loved your message, as always. Your messages always make me feel uplifted. I'm glad we met. Hugs, Terrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate you emphasis on scriptue. Great post!
    I hope you had a good weekend. Thanks for your nice comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The girls out shopping. For purses? For shoes? For cutie-poo clothes? No! For electronics!

    Glad you got a new camera AND had some time with your daughter.

    I really like the study area. You are right, your hubby did a great job decorating.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte