Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Aviator

This is the first airplane I ever rode in. (Notice I said “rode” not flew. I certainly just “rode” in it.) That’s my cousin Jerry in the picture with me. (Did you notice the outhouse in the background.) Actually the outhouse looks better than the house.

I have this picture and two more taken at the same time framed in my doll room.


It was many many years later that I had my next picture taken in an airplane. (the first airplane I just “rode” in. This one I just “sat” in.) This picture was taken about 10 years ago. My husband’s nephew, a retired Delta Airlines pilot, flew his little plane to Lawton, Oklahoma. We were there with other relatives for a funeral. When it was time to leave, we took him to the airport. Of course I had to climb into the plane and have my picture taken. I haven’t changed much over the years. On second thought, man, I have changed a lot.

6 comments:

  1. Cool Post! My daughter went flying for her eleventh b'day and had a blast!

    I forgot to tell you that I posted the award YESTERDAY. Oops. Sorry I didn't tell you.

    Be blesses.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte,
    Very impressive picture! That's the way with motorcycles and me. I rode on one and teenager and the other time I sat on one for a picture...Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte,

    I see on the previous comment that I think faster than I type and left out words....well, anyway, thanks for visiting with me and hope you'll return....Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlotte,

    I am so happy that you stumbled upon my blog. I so enjoyed visiting yours.

    The black and white picture of you above is just precious. As I get older, I realize more and more that we are still those little girls. It is our bodies that betray us, our hearts remain faithful.

    Thank you for entering my contest. Good Luck!

    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photos of you as a girl! My grandma likes to tell me "Up here I'm still a teenager, *pointing to her head* it's the mirror and my old body that tell me different."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your braver then I am! I havent flown since I was 12 years old and dont plan to again.. I have a fear. Even turned down a paid trip to Hawaii because it was by plane :)
    Looks like you really enjoyed it though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte