Sunday, April 20, 2008

My First Sermon

Well, it’s Sunday again. How does a week go by so fast?

Right now about all that is on TV is the Pope in Yankee Stadium. I am not a Catholic, but I like the theme of his visit here. “Christ Our Hope”. I’m not even sure that is the exact wording, but that is the thought. I am not a preacher, have never been a preacher, never wanted to be a preacher. My husband was a preacher for almost 50 years, and I think he was one of the best. Today I am going to do a little “preaching” though.

Last week I posted a link to a video about Oprah’s gospel. I love Oprah. I love to watch her show but I am very disburbed by what she is saying. Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth and the life, and no man comes to the father but by me.” Oprah says, “There couldn’t possibly be only one way.” She doesn’t care what we call God. In other words, we can make up our own God and one god is no greater than another. What she is teaching is that we really are our own God – “my salvation comes from me.” To me this sounds exactly like blasphemy. I suppose if you don’t believe the Bible, it would be pretty easy to go along with this philosophy. The question is are there false prophets? Evidently Oprah doesn’t believe there are. Certainly God has given us a free choice, and we can choose to believe in him or not. We can even choose to believe that we are all gods, but as for me, I believe in the God of the Bible, and I believe in his Son, Jesus Christ. Yes, Oprah, we can all be children of God, but there is only one Christ and it is through him that we become children of God.

If you have not seen the Oprah video, here is the link:
http://www.carringtonsteele.citymax.com/page/page/5663569.htm
I hope you will view it yourself if you have not already done so. I believe that Christians everywhere need to pray for Oprah and pray for the millions that she is influencing.

8 comments:

  1. Thanx for visiting my blog. Good post - I'd heard about Opra.
    Had a good wk end camping - but hurt my wrist (it's all on my blog). so hard to type onehanded. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte, Thanks for sharing this message. I think you know what I think. Terrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte, thank you for not being ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It's such a shame about Oprah. She has a huge following and is leading others as well as herself down the wrong path. Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  4. A note to Sheila: In case you come back here for a visit, I clicked on your name to try to tell you how much I appreciated your encouraging comment, but it did not lead me to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! I did watch the video the other day on you post, and it has been heavy on my heart. But like you said we need to pray for Oprah and the millions of other people as well.
    Have a blessed day,
    ginger
    P.S we have been in Palm Springs for the night and just got home. I always look forward to your Sunday post.
    Thank-you
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Charlotte! I enjoyed your "preaching" today. I too was so disturbed with what Oprah said. It really is sad and scary what she is saying and how many people hear it. I just pray that her heart will be changed.
    -Karoline

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for speaking out about this awful thing she is promoting to millions of viewers! I will not watch her, read the books she recommends or even discuss her with a couple friends who still watch her show! There is only one way to God, through his son...
    Bless you!!!! Donna Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just watched the link you provided about Oprah and it saddens me. I believe that Jesus died on the cross for my sins and he is the only way to God. There is not anything we can do to earn our salvation, it is a gift.
    It is scary that Oprah can influence so many people.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte