Friday, April 11, 2008

Friday Show & Tell

Show and Tell

This week I’ve been focusing on our guest room. Today for Show & Tell, I wanted to share a couple of things in that room with you.

I wanted to share this framed, Oh what would you call it? Maybe a statement? The words are too small to read in the picture, so I typed them here for you. I love this little figurine of the two little friends. I posted it a few days ago, but decided to put it here as well.

Friendship
There’s a Miracle called
Friendship
That dwells within
The heart and you don’t know
How it happens
Or when it gets its start…
But the happiness it brings you
Always gives a special lift,
And you realize that
Friendship…
Is God’s most
Precious gift!



This mink teddy bear was made by a dear friend in California. She gave it to me just before we left there to move here. She made it from an old mink coat. It is really special to me because she thought enough of me to give it to me. I put the lace collar on the bear. Now that I look at the picture, I think it looks a little silly. I really need to remove it. I’m on my way right now to do just that.

Thank you for visiting my Show & Tell. You can go over to Kelli’s place for a list of people who are participating in S & T today. There are always a lot of interesting things there to see. Click on the Show & Tell picture at the top of this post to go there directly.

If you came here via Kelli’s S & T and are interested in other items in our guest room, (dolls, figurines, pillow, Victoria magazines) click HERE to go to my main page.

14 comments:

  1. That is a terrific writing...and the frame is just gorgeous. A Mink Teddy Bear.......wow.

    Mine's shared too, I hope to see you drop by if you haven't already. I'd love to have you for company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!! I love having new visitors to my blog!! I just have a humble blog that I have been doing for almost 3 years now. I have met so many wonderful people through blogging!! We have had 2 blogging babes get togethers here.
    My brother lives right there in Sun City. He lived in Phoenix for years and now is in Sun City.
    Come back again. I have enjoyed your blog a lot...Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The guest room looks so inviting. The framed poem is sweet and oh so true. The mink bear is a treasure to keep for sure. I looked back at your madame alexander she is beautiful and in such good condition. I know what you mean about baby dolls, that's what I always played with. My friends wanted to play Barbies and all I liked to do was set up there houses and decorate with their accessories, then I was done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the teddy bear, too! :) Thanks for sharing your pretty treasures!
    Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute Teddy Bear. My mother is giving me my Great Aunt Hilda's mink coat. (I had her and her husband's pictures posted a couple of weeks ago when I posted the old doll). Since I will NEVER wear it, espeially living in Texas, I just won't tell my mother, she'd probably have a stroke on me!
    Connie

    PS Thanks for visiting today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful verse you've shared.
    Your mink teddy bear is so cute and the lace collar is a perfect touch :)
    Love your music here..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your guest room is beautiful. That's the sort of room I'd love to stay in!

    I think it's really neat your friend made you a mink bear! What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great poem! Love the figurine and bear too. Thanks for the story behind it.

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pink tulip frame!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Charlotte,
    Cute mink teddy bear. I love the friendship words.
    Have a wonderful weekend. We're headed down that way again tomorrow.
    Brenda :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there :)

    Thank you for coming by to read Brownie's story. I love the sentiment you shared and the teddy bear is really cute. I kinda like his little collar ;)

    Have a beautiful weekend,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bear is gorgeous. I'll tell Diva Daughter she can look since there are no dolls! LOL

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bear looks lovely with the collar. I think I will put a lovely collar which a friend brought me from Germany on a furry bear I recently received. It came with flowers as a hostess thank you gift.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Late making my rounds. Lovely show & tell. Do stop by. I'll save you a plate of my Just Peachy Cobbler! :D

    For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen, the home of Vintage Thingies Thursdays.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte