Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Few Changes Over Time

This is how this area looked several years ago before we painted the hutch white and put away all the many colored plates and replaced them with white. You will also see the little chair collection on the floor. My goodness, I have had a lot of collections through the years. I collected those pretty plates for many years. A lot of them I bought at antique stores. A couple of them I purchased in England. I still have the plates. They are stacked up now in the cabinet. Sometimes I like to set the table with a variety of plates for a change.

We replaced the plates on the wall with this Thomas Kinkade picture which was given to us by a dear family from our last church just before we retired. This is our favorite Kinkade picture of all the ones he has done. We also have two others that I will show in the future.

Oh, and these plaques, pictures, whatever, I bought at Marshall's Home Goods. They are over our cabinets in the kitchen.


16 comments:

  1. Hey, gf! I love your plates. They are beautiful. Come see me, I have something for you! Terrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to go "Round Robin's Barn" to get on my computer this a.m. Something is not working correctly. I am glad I persevered. I caught up on 3 blogs worth of yours.
    Re: The Oprah one. I don't keep up with politics nor controversy well. Hate the hoopla in both but I have been wondering about this new Oprah religion thing. I have no sound on my computer anymore so I couldn't listen to what she had to say. I am happy you explained it. Thank you
    Re: The changes in your house. I love them. Often the question comes up, "What is your favorite color?" and I usually answer, "Soft coral" but when I think about it, whenever I see a catalog of clothing, my eye is always drawn first to white even though I may not like the style. I love all your white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new look and color. The picture is eye appealing there. Hope you're having a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a lovely spot! I would love to sit there and have coffee with you! Very cute! I like the hutch painted white, very serene and pretty!

    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Charlotte, Glad you stopped over for a visit & thank you for the kind comments! You are just beautiful and have a lovely home as well! I enjoyed my tour of your blog! Your painted hutch looks great...isn't it amazing what a little paint will do? :) And I love your glider on the porch! I would love to find one of those while on my treasure hunts! LOL! My grandmothers had them on their porches when I was little and they were so smooth and comforting to glide in! Thanks for sharing the segment on Oprah! It so pays to be informed about the leaders of the media. It is quite dangerous the power & influence they have! I forwarded this message to several friends!

    Hope you will drop in again soon! ~Rhonda :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Charlotte, I really like the light color in the dining room. I see you like chairs like I do too.
    I am amazed at how you change your banner all the time. I would love to do that but don't know how and am afraid I will lose my whole blog! It is so cute on yours though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've done such a lovely job of decorating. I like the new look and the old one too. I'll stop by for coffee with you anytime. Have a nice evening ~ Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the hutch white, it looks so pretty.
    have a great day
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think both ways are pretty. You have a great knack for decorating.

    I also love Thomas Kincade art. I keep telling my husband SOMEDAY I'm going to own a piece.

    God bless,
    Brenda :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The white hutch is gorgeous! It's amazing how different it looks now. I like it a lot. I also love Thomas Kinkaide pictures.
    Smiles. Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've done a great job updating that area...it has a very nice, clean feel.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your white cabinet and white dishes....everything is so pretty!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks very calm and peaceful now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! That is an amazing update. The white softened the look of your area so much! I am not brave enough for white yet. I don't have any rooms that look as soothing, or clean, as yours did.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a difference white paint makes! I love it with all the white dishes too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte