Friday, April 4, 2008

Book Case Items

Show and Tell

Back in February I posted a picture of our bookcase in the family room. Today I thought I would focus in on a few things on those shelves besides books. Here they are.
We bought this little cottage clock in London in 1997.

My husband has two of these given to him by two different church member. One is here in the family room. The other is in the upstairs office.

This little ballerina we bought in Stratford, England in 1999.

The mini lamp I bought at The Great Indoors.

Here's a closer up view of the little ballerina.

These elephants were given to me by the boys at Kulpahar Kids Home in India for my birthday when we were there in 1999. The alabaster vase at the right (which almost didn't make it into the picture) we bought in either Ephesus or Corinth in 1978. I think it was Ephesus.

14 comments:

  1. Your little figurines are so unique! I can imagine that they give you much joy to look at them. Thank you for sharing. :)

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the clock and the little ballerina. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Charlotte! You have some neat souvenirs from your travels. Great places you've visited! Have a nice weekend!
    -Karoline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. I love other people's knick~knacks. I can enjoy them without having to dust them. lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that the vase made it into the picture. It is SO pretty.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice gift from India--love those elephants--makes me think of Kipling's books. Also love the little balarina (sp?)!! She is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your little things. Where you all in the military? Just curious with the London purchases. Several of our friends are military - and I love looking at all there things from the places they have been stationed.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,
    ~Martie

    ReplyDelete
  8. My 4 year old would like your clock. He just loves any kind of clock! Your other treasures are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful treasures, Charlotte! I especially like the beautiful cottage clock.
    Hugs,
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Charlotte, I love the little Ballerina figurine. My daughter does ballet, so it reminds me of her. Happy weekend!
    Brenda :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet little ballerina she is so cute…
    I enjoyed seeing all your other treasures as well.

    Thank you for the fairy link, it sounds like fun I am going to check it out…

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely collection

    For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen, the home of Vintage Thingies Thursdays.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a lover of knick-knacks too! I really like the old preacher, and the little ballerina!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte