Last night Charlotte and I had the privilege of attending a banquet at the Desert Ridge Marriott Resort sponsored by James and Betty Robison from Life Outreach International. James preached a powerful sermon and told about the new project they are involved in called The House of Destiny. They are building a place for young girls to take them off the streets in Thailand and rescue them from a life of sex slavery and prostitution. I can understand sin. I struggle to understand how people can treat these children the way they are treated. It breaks my heart. Pray for this great ministry and this outreach to save children. Charlotte and I have helped Life Outreach International feed and provide water for children in other parts of the world. Now we feel blessed to be able to help save some of these children in Thailand. Please pray for this ministry that many may see the heart of God!
As I was leaving I shot a few pictures. Most of them didn't turn out too well, but here are a couple.
Hi Charlotte, that's so needed. A friend of ours, a single missionary/beautician gal worked with the Tamar House in Pattaya, Thailand a couple of years ago. The Tamar House is a ministry that not only ministers spiritually to these ladies such as you've mentioned but also teaches them a trade so they can go out and not be tempted to go back into their 'trade' while they are being freed to 'walk on their own 2 feet' spiritually. She had so many wonderful stories of deliverance to tell. I'm glad you were able to hear more about that.
ReplyDeleteBrenda :)
So glad there is that outreach to help those children I know it was an informative time for you as well as burdensome.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
The whole "Human Trafficing-Sex Trade" thing makes me so sick.
ReplyDeleteI hate it......especially when it's children. We were in Nicarauga once doing a trip and the missionary there explained to me that this school we were visiting was a "Lighthouse" as he called it....for the kids because they were prostituted at night.
I thought I was going to SCREAM when he told me this!
I was right there with those sweet little children and I was able to be face to face with what their lives were burdened with. It made me furious and sick all at the same time.
I am glad for those that HELP rescue those that are living in most horrible places on the earth...places that we here in America can't even relate with.
Dearest Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteI just read your post on your Mommy, that really touched my heart! I too love my mom so very much, she is 62 this year and one of my best friends! You are so beautiful and as I can see from the pictures you always were! Great genes...
Hugs and have a wonderful weekend,
Donna Lynn
OT, Charlotte, but I can not figure out how to change my blogger header. All I'm wanting to do is make my picture bigger. Could you point me in the right direction on how to do this? I'm so frustrated!
ReplyDeleteThanks
Brenda
I'm so glad this ministry is available to these prescious girls. It is so sad that they have been forced into such a life.
ReplyDeleteKathi
Charlotte, Thanks for sharing this. I wish more people could understand what happens to these children. We have the blessing of having two orphan's adopted into my brother-in-laws family (our family) last year from Russia. We have a new nephew that was 7 when he came into our family. And his 11 year old sister. It's really scarey to think what would have happened to these kids in just a couple of years when they would have been kicked out of the orphanage. But, it's also very hard knowing what their life was up until they were adopted. All of these children need so much prayer. Hugs, Terrie
ReplyDelete