

I was looking at somebody's blog the other day at a post about hooked rugs. That reminded me. I made a hooked rug back in the early '60s. I found this picture of our son standing on the rug. He is almost 46 years old now, so you know the rug is old.
Yesterday I posted a picture of a kitten that I took back in 1955. After I posted it I thought, "I should have used this for Vintage Thingies Thursdays." If you are interested in seeing it, you can click here. If you didn't come here via Vintage Thursday Thingies, just look at the post below.

We had many hooked rugs in our home back in the 70's. A few were wall hangings. :)
ReplyDeleteI really like your rug! I think it would also look great as a wall hanging. That way you don't have people cleaning their feet on such a great vintage item!!
ReplyDeleteI remember helping my girlfriend hook a rug when we were girls.
ReplyDeleteYour's really has held up well.
Brenda :)
Oh Charlotte, pick that rug up and put it on the wall! Too cute and too much work to walk on it!
ReplyDeleteThat is so cute! I've seen ads with rugs you can make in vintage magazines.
ReplyDeleteI would not want to use that rug. It's too cute. Great shape however. Pick that rug up off the floor and hang it up!!
ReplyDeleteThat rug looks amazing for its age!!
ReplyDeleteIt would get ruined if it was in my garage!!!! LOL
peace
#2
Your rug is so nice, and it has been yours for so long. Nobody else ever owned it. You made it yourself 46 years ago. Wow, how cool is that!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe your rug is so old...the colours are sooo vibrant!! Oh and I love Pinkie tooo what a cutie!! xx
ReplyDeleteThe rug as held up so good!!! It is a cute rug.
ReplyDeleteginger
Wow Charlotte that is great. It is hardly soiled and really held up well for 40+ years. Good job.
ReplyDeleteSusan
Hi Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteWhat a great rug! It has held up amazingly well! Have a wonderful week...
Hooked rug well done! Obviously. It's held up great, and doesn't even look like it needs cleaning. Cute car design too. Thanks for showing this!
ReplyDeleteYour talent never ceases to amaze me. You have done so many neat projects.
ReplyDeleteIt sure has held up well and is certainly a keepsake.
Your son's expression is totally priceless! :) Your rug is great and has really held up well. I have a HUMONGOUS one that I started about 8 years ago. I need to dig that out and finish it.
ReplyDeleteThat rug has really stood the test of time! It's a fun design, too! I didn't know that about wool vs. synthetics, thanks for letting us know.
ReplyDeleteWow what a sturdy rug!
ReplyDelete