
Since next week is my birthday, I was just thinking back about my birthday that I spent at the Kulpahar Kids' Home. This is a picture of me by the front entrance of the main building. I'm not sure if the Happy Birthday sign was for me or for Leah. Her birthday was four days after mine. I think maybe it was for both of us.


An observation about India: Almost all the men dress in western style clothing. Almost 100% of the women dress in India style clothes. The above picture illustrated that. This picture of Hubby and me was taken at the Gandhi Memorial in New Delhi. It's mostly men in this picture, but do you notice how they are all dressed? As for the women, it seems they did not want any of their legs or ankles showing. They all wore sandals so feet were OK to be shown. The skirt I had on in this picture was not really very short, but I'll admit that in that society, I felt a little "risque". I tried to pull it down and make it as long as possible. It's amazing how culture can affect how you feel about what you're wearing.

Leah gave me three outfits while I was there. Here is a picture of one of them. It was taken in the little guest house where we stayed while we were there. The other two have already been shown in previous India posts. Looking back I wonder if she gave me these outfits because of the "short" skirt I sometimes wore. Of course she didn't say so, but she wouldn't. Those outfits like the one I have on above are soooo comfortable. It's kinda like wearing pajamas. No wonder the women there love them.
I'm thankful to Peggy at http://monday4missions.blogspot.com/ for hosting Mission 4 Monday. You might want to go there to see more posts on missions. It's not just for foreign missions. Everyone of us has a mission in life and that's what her blog is all about. Check it out. I just now visited her blog and she was talking about the terrible persecution and slaughter of Christians that is taking place in India. I'm so thankful that this has not happened in the area where the Kulpahar Kids' Home is located.
Thank you for visiting my blog.
Since I will be heading East next Monday I will wish you a very happy birthday now. Each and ever birthday I have, I say a little thanks to God for allowing me to get one year older.
ReplyDeleteEVERY!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday and what a great post.
ReplyDeleteI love their clothes..you look so pretty in that one.
Happy Birthday Charlotte! & Many blessings to come as you approach and thank God for another year of life here to continue your missions in life! From the one back in India to serving alongside your husband!
ReplyDeleteLife is full of opportunities! I enjoy so much your photos, your remarks and the difference in clothes! I liked all of the clothes
from India you've shared with us! You look so beautiful in this white outfit! What a precious gift & birthday you shared with Leah!
I, too, have an Oct. birthday coming!
I'm so thankful that the uprising is not near the Kulpahar's Kids!
I pray that God protects them and this persecution ends soon. I read that 50,000 are hiding in the forests &jungles, etc. to escape this outrageous violence. May God
stop this by His powerful Grace in Jesus Name! Thanks so much for continuing to share from India!
Perhaps it's because of you sharing your joys for the Kulpahar's Kids that brings India, their mission there and the plight of these people so dear to my heart! I never had such a burden for India!
Hello,
ReplyDeleteThese dresses are fantastic, I hope you visit me on Diwali for great Indian tiaras I will be showing!
~ Gabriela ~
Hi Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteLove your "Indian PJ's", so beautiful! It is indeed sad how Christians are being treated in India, I have been teaching my son about the cast system there, when Christ is taught it upsets the balance of that system and the people get so angry! We will join you in prayer to pray for freedom there...
Hope you will have a lovely week, we are having divine fall weather here, it is 80' today!
XO,
Donna Lynn
Hi Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteLove your "Indian PJ's", so beautiful! It is indeed sad how Christians are being treated in India, I have been teaching my son about the cast system there, when Christ is taught it upsets the balance of that system and the people get so angry! We will join you in prayer to pray for freedom there...
Hope you will have a lovely week, we are having divine fall weather here, it is 80' today!
XO,
Donna Lynn
Hi Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!
How wonderful that you got to experience that trip. You looked perfectly fine in your skirt but the outfit she gave you is very stunning.
What an interesting observation..... I wonder why???
ReplyDeleteYou look lovely in the India outfit...
Hugs
Linda
You look beautiful Charlotte. We could use a little of their culture in our country. Have a Happy, Happy Birthday if I don't wander back before then :D
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Kathi :)
What a nice way to spend your birthday, I am sure you have lots of good memories from there.
ReplyDeleteginger
OH! Did I mention how pretty your blog is? If not I meant to.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day,
ginger
Great pics, Charlotte! The Indian women dress so beautifully. Your outfit is quite snazzy!
ReplyDeleteKathy
Hi Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteI've been looking at your blogs for some time now, and just wanted to wish you a very happy birthday, and many more.
Barbara
Ooooooo - I absolutely love that Indian outfit, Charlotte. The colors are so soft and sweet!
ReplyDelete