Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A PRAYER REQUEST

This morning when I looked at my e-mail there was a request from blogging friend Hootin' Anni for a long time blogging friend of hers. P.J. and John live a few miles north of Galveston Island. They were evacuated last week for Hurricane Ike. They are just now able to return. Here is an excerpt from an e-mail Anni got from them. 

"We heard we can park on hwy and walk in from there (about 2 miles) entrance only with our IDs so that is the plan tomorrow. I have seen some photos but none of our specific house, after seeing those photos it may be just was [as?] well. The debris is mind boggling! I just keep telling myself...it's only stuff...it's only stuff. I'll check in when I can, a couple of my coworkers have power now so can use the computer there and one has even offered a room for us and our cats so we can be close to work on our home until it is safe to be there."

Hundreds (perhaps thousands) of other people are in the same situation. All of these people need to be in our prayers. As PJ said in her e-mail, she keeps telling herself it's just stuff...it's only stuff...  It is true it is only stuff but when it's your stuff, it does matter a lot even if it is "only stuff." Please join me in praying for them. 

10 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you dear Charlotte. I'm so very anxious about their situation and what their hopes and dreams of owning a home like they've had for just a couple of years...to have it end up 'toothpicks' from just a few hours' storm like this.

    I hope for the best and pray they still have a home. I really appreciate your thoughts and prayers for P J --and all where Ike has effected so many lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers are with them and others who are experiencing the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your sweet comment. Peggy is so good to network people. She said she was going to link the site and I didn't even realize she had. So I just happened to see that there were new comments. A really funny/ironic thing - your pic could be my mom. You two look very, very similar in the pic. It may just be that photo : ). Anyway, thank you for stopping by and reading. I'm supposed to leave October 1 and there is still nothing definite. I will post updates as I have them. If you are praying -THANK YOU SO MUCH. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it is only stuff but it is "YOURS..OUR" stuff!! I know I have been thinking about those that are without everything that we take for granted....Thanks for posting this for Anni..
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be praying for them - and for all those who were affected by the hurricane. Even tho it's only stuff - it would be so hard to lose all those memories.
    Thanks for the post.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be praying for Anni and her friends, Charlotte! Thank you for letting us know!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Charlotte,
    We have been praying for all those that were affected from the storm and will continue to do so.
    I wanted to view the video but I couldn't turn your music off. Maybe I don't know how to, sorry.

    Thank you so much for the lovely award. I humbly accept it.

    Hope you're having a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw pictures tonight on the evening news that someone had taken "before and after" shots of various areas in Galveston, like from a helicopter I think. I cannot imagine going back after this. I'm praying with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you, Charlotte, even tho' it is just 'stuff' it doesn't make it any easier. So much damage with Ike, it's unbelievable.
    God bless,
    Brenda :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will pray for this couple and all the others as well. Blogging is such a beautiful thing in time of need of prayer.
    God Bless,
    ginger

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte