Saturday, September 27, 2008

PINK SATURDAY

I visited New Orleans back in 1989. This was such a fun trip - mostly because I was there with my daughter. She was there on business. I was there strictly for fun. Of course she had fun too, but it was not all fun. 

I bought this pink mask there. You do see a lot of masks in New Orleans. Of course I chose this one because it was PINK. This picture was made in the hotel room.


This scarf I have on I bought in New Orleans. I really liked it. Of course I did. It had a lot of PINK in it. But guess what? I never got home with it. I have no idea what went with it but I sure was disappointed because I really liked it. Oh well, at least I have pictures.

I just threw this picture in to give you a better look at those awful ugly glasses.  Most people really liked my 50's glasses that I posted a couple of days ago but everyone thought the 80's were ugly. This was my first pair of glasses that I wore all the time. It was either get bifocals or quit reading and I really didn't want to quit reading. This picture was taken on that trip also. The Kona shirt I bought in Hawaii.


Pink Saturday is hosted by Beverly at How Sweet the Sound. Many people post pink stuff on Saturdays and link to this post. So, if you love pink like I do, you might want to go there and see more lovely pink things. 



16 comments:

  1. Pink is not for me but...I loved those big glasses in the 80's and hate the size now. Sure, the 80's size was an ugly size and the one's now are very nice (guess I am just a fashion follower HA!) The thing I liked and still like about the 80's glasses is, it was easy to read with. No frames within your vision, was not hardly aware of the frames at all. Now I have a hard time finding glasses larges enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LARGE.......LARGE........LARGE! I even proof read it. Guess I need my e0's glasses back again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to New Orleans once and there were masks all over the place. This pink one is pretty...
    Sorry you lost that pretty scarf...
    bj

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pink mask. I have had some fine times in New Orleans. I've still got a pair of glasses like that, too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Pink Saturday!

    Lovely PINK mask!

    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your mardi gras mask! I've always wanted to go there! I've heard it's a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Charlotte! Somehow I found my way to your blog and found an instant connection. Had those BIG glasses. Traveled to New Orleans, Egypt,(rode a camel) Arizona..My nephew is the lead pastor for Camelback Communty church..My wonderful husband.(44 yrs.) and I love to travel. Collected dolls and Teddy bears for yrs. Given most away. Your dolls are beautiful. I will visit you again. God Bless you Carol..New York

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the mask. Happy Pink Saturday!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Mask, Scottsdale Girl !! :) lol !! :)Happy Pink Saturday !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been to New Orleans or Hawaii. Your mask looks quite elaborate. I wonder if you've used it since that time. Happy Pink Saturday!
    Come visit me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Pink Saturday, Charlotte.

    I love your mask, you look so intriguing while wearing it.

    I've always wanted to go to New Orleans, and I still hope to one day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was a fun post! I like all your pink, too bad about the head scarf! I remember those glasses, I think we called them "horned rim!"

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're so pretty...i love these pics of you!!
    you look a lot like a lady i worked with for several years at BellSouth...if you're every in Memphis, you may see yourself walking down the street.... ha ha!

    Come visit anytime...your husband's post today brought up some memories that I just had to expand my thoughts and post ...
    have a great Sunday.
    Blessings from THE SOUTH!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. p.s. i meant to ask you where you got all your McCain Palin ads...i'd love to post some, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Charlotte! Nice name!!
    I´ll visit the dolls now..
    Happy Pink Saturday!!
    Besitos from Argentina!!
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte