Updated 9/15/08 I originally posted this followup to my Missions 4 Monday article two weeks ago. Peggy suggested that I link it for this week's Missions 4 Monday so that's what I'm doing. I have lots of pictures that I took on our trip there. Will share some more on another Monday. I'm really excited about this mission. If you didn't see part I, look at the post for September 1. You can click on the date to go directly there. Thank you, Peggy, for your interest.

Doesn't everyone who goes to India visit the Taj Mahal and have their picture taken there? Leah and Sharon took us there on our way from New Delhi to Kulpahar. Here is a picture of my husband and me with Leah. Why talk about India today? If you read yesterday's Monday 4 Mission post you will understand. I thought that while my thoughts were on India I would post about it again today. That trip we made there in 1999 was truly the trip of a lifetime.

The outfit I have on is one that Leah gave me. This was taken on our last day at the mission. They had a big party for us. The outfit Hubby has on is one the tailor at the mission made for him while we were there.

I shared some of my experiences in India earlier in the year. You can click here to read about my experience with a dancing bear while I was there.


What an incredible experience this much have been! I love the photos!
ReplyDeleteIndian clothing is so comfortable! I would really like to pick up a few more items.
We have a Pastor friend who has opened a church in the heart of Little India, an old farming community that is now covered in concrete and has become a hub for Indian activities. When I drive up and down Pioneer Blvd., it is still hard to believe that the town of Artesis went from horse and hay wagons to suburbs to and Indian makeover! What a ministry they have in that Hindu community.
THANKS FOR SHARING!
KJ
P.S. Did you get your wonderful background from the same place that I did? I see it works the same and that you used Minima for the foundation. It looks wonderful!
ReplyDeleteKJ
P.S. I just changed my header, too.
So great that you were both able to go to India. My hubby keeps wanting to go there on a mission trip but afraid his knees will not let him. What a trip and yes you always see people having their picture taken right where you all had yours!! I bet it is a pretty country. Thanks for showing us...Sandy
ReplyDeleteHow great that you were able to go to India, that must have been something :)
ReplyDeleteLove the photos :)
Beautiful blog, stunning banner.....m...
ReplyDeleteWow, Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteThose pictures are great!!! I love your Indian costume!!!
Wowzy! I love that red and white outfit you have on! Did you get to bring it home?
ReplyDeleteMy neighbor's son is in India working this year and is supposed to come home in January. He was sick the first couple of months he was there because of the water. He says that it is pretty dirty there. But, he is begging his parents to come to visit him while he is there. I don't think they want to go because of all the shots they will have to take.
What an experience you have had while you were there! Would you ever go back again?
Great pics...many memories I am sure. BTW....your hubby has a comment from me! He is so funny and my hubby can relate!!
ReplyDeleteYou are so blessed to be able to experience the mission there and all of the emotions and the love that is there.And they are blessed to have you involved as well.
ReplyDeleteI like your new header it looks so nice.
ginger
You all look so happy in your pictures, a true testament to our Lord. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy that God used that little girl to accomplish His purposes. He is moving and turning hearts to Himself. Beautiful pictures. Kathi
ReplyDeleteWhat a great trip you had. Love the pictures too. I bet that was a trip of a lifetime!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing. What a blessing!
ReplyDeleteThank you Charlotte for linking this beautiful post that you shared the day after you posted about your aMazing visit to Kulpahar, India and the Kulpahar's Kids!
ReplyDeleteI had read it myself that week when I visited but was hoping the following Monday you would link it so others could follow that beautiful story and see these spectacular photos!
What a privilege to share and meet Sosun, the reason and first of this mission! How your words inspire & show how God will accomplish His will & change our plan to be HIS!
I'm so glad that you did not dance with the bear along the roadside.
What a narrow escape...the trainer had his own selfish reason for not holding back the bear. God's Word tells us He will supply an escape, but I don't think HE intended to
take your breathe away.Good thing you were protected by His Grace &
wisdom of your friend!
I realize that M4M does not have many sharing but I still believe there are many out in the blog world with a mission to share. It is not the quantity but the quality and that I be obedient to open the door for others to share their mission...it's worth it just for ONE...isn't that what God says in His parable of the 99 sheep! Isn't
that what mission is all about? One more for Him!!! He is so marvelous and worthy of ALL. You & Clif have given your ALL in His Name...and Spiritual Sunday is a great mission
Thank you for sharing with Mission
4 Monday and allowing us a glimpse
of your experiences in India! God bless your week! I so love your lovely, open view of your home in
Scottsdale...it's clear how easy you can be "At Home..."
Thanks, Charlotte, for sharing with us these lovely photos and the ministry in India. It is encouraging that God is doing such a mighty work there! Thanks for sharing with us. May God bless your labors of love in this ministry. Take care and God bless!
ReplyDelete