Monday, September 22, 2008

KULPAHAR, INDIA

After I had been blogging for a few months, I was wondering how long it would be before I ran out of things to blog about. I'll tell you, I don't worry about that any more. Now many days there are other things that pop into my head after I've already posted. I wrote the Happy Fall post below one day last week, but it kept getting pushed out of the way for something more important. Now I have something more important again, but since today is the first day of Fall, I decided to go ahead and post it too. So - here is my second post today. This one is for Mission 4 Monday.  You can go to Peggy's blog for more mission posts. 


If you read my post last Monday, you know something about this mission in Kulpahar, India that my husband and I visited in 1999. This is the church that belongs to the mission. Well, of course the church belongs to God. The building belongs to the mission. No, come to think of it, that belongs to God also. Oh well, you know what I mean.

This is a picture that I took out in front of the church building one day when we were there for the devotional that the Christian school had. Yes, besides being a Kids' home, the mission also has a school and a hospital. The school is well known in the community of Kulpahar. Most of the students are not from Christian homes. They also come from Muslim and Hindu families. These people send their children there because it is the best school in the area. All of the students are taught the Bible. 

The pictures below was taken during the devotional. You will see the boys are on one side and the girls on the other. This is the custom in India.


My husband and I visited the classrooms during the week while classes were in session. We were amazed at how polite and well behaved the students were. I'll tell you for sure, it was nothing like the classes here in America. 

Some of the children at the home were baptized while we were there. They baptize in their swimming pool. We were very impressed with this as well. Leah tells us that they are not able to fill their pool anymore because of the draught in India right now. They had always had their baptisms there, but now are having to find another way to do it. 

As I said before, we took a lot of pictures on that trip, so next Monday I'll be planning to share some more with you. I hope you will return here next week. Of course you don't have to wait until next week. Tomorrow I have something lighthearted scheduled for posting. It's something to make you smile. 

11 comments:

  1. Great post! My cousin is in Tanzania, working in an orphanage school, and ministering to students with special needs!

    Your fall decor below is very so whimsical and pretty! Happy 1st Day of Fall to you! :) ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed this. I truly wish that our children would get back to having respect. It is a very missing thing these days, sadly.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both post. the fall things are so cute. As for a mission trip I have never been,but one day I hope to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your post. I think parents in our country need to focus on teaching our children respect. Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this mission with us. May God continue to bless his work there. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really puts things in a different prospective...doesn't it.... all those beautiful brown faces..... we take our God for granted here..... I am sure it was a life changing trip...
    HUgs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charlotte,

    I enjoyed your post very much! My son has adopted a child, Alpesh, through Compassion International, who lives in India so it is close to our heart, as well.

    As far as respect goes, my son and I were recently in a store and we had need to speak with the clerk. When we were leaving the clerk came up to me and asked me if my child was homeschooled. I asked him why he wanted to know...he said "Ma'am, he was respectful. And you just don't see that anymore". I thought, how sad.

    Blessings to you today Charlotte!! I also love your McCain/Palin tags on the sidebar!! Just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Charlotte,

    I enjoyed the different snippets of your India trip - love the pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blessings Charlotte...what an absolutely beautiful mission in Kulpahar, India ministering to the community in all aspects: church, school and hospital. Thank you for continuing to share this marvelous place and a mssion so close to your heart. The photos say so very much and it's such a delight to see what
    you were able to see and now have these memories to hold on to...This is pretty amazing how they minister to Muslims, hindus and Christians!

    And the best part, baptizing in the Name of the Father, Son & Holy Ghost...in their pool, yet even in a drought, they were quick to find another way to carry on! What a wonderful legacy for these women & their initial obedience! Praise God! Looking forward to you sharing more from Kulpahar's Kids next week
    & other delights throughout this week. Thank you for sharing with Mission4Monday! You are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your are so blessed to be able to have visit so many mission.
    It must be such a great thing to see how God works in there lives.
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Charlotte,

    I've been gone a few days and just went over a few of your posts. You're doing a great work with things you bring for us to think about. You're right about the schools here compared to other countries where there is order and respect. So many things to keep us on our knees, huh?
    Love your decorations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte