
I'm trying to learn this blogger lingo. I've seen lol or LOL on a lot of blogs. I didn't know what it meant. I tried to figure it out. I thought I had it. Lots of love. Nope. That was wrong. I Googled LOL and found out it means laugh out loud. That was the first definition. There were varying forms of laugh and then I did notice that definition #7 said lots of love. I like that definition best, so when I use LOL that's what it means. Unless something is funny. Then I may use the first definition. Probably be best to just stay away from LOL but I just made some fancy signatures with LOL. Should have stayed with Hugs. I know what that means. I think. Maybe I should Google it.
I've also heard LOL could be "Lots of Laughs!" I like all of them!
ReplyDeleteCute message you wrote about it!
"Hugs!"
Katherine
lol you are too funny...
ReplyDeleteI am lucky I have two kids still in the house so I can just ask one of them...
it's the cell phone texting that has me baffled ....
LOL,
Louise
Oh, I love every defination of LOL...it is ALWAYS something sweet and good so use it freely and it will make you feel good and want to smile....
ReplyDeletelove, or LOL,
bj
I was going to say that it is a good thing we don't have teens in the house anymore because we would really need to know all those shortcut words except that "lw" above said that she uses them as a reference guide. Oh well, to each his/her own.
ReplyDeleteSo funny. I did know what LOL meant but I see a bunch of other things I don't know what mean. I usually just stick with the words: except for :o) and ((hugs))!!
ReplyDelete((hugs)) to you my friend,
Susan
Thanks for stopping by my blog!! I love the look of yours too. I had a time with this but it is about as good as it is going to get!! I love it when I can get some of these things done..plus I like changing. Thinking about changing my name..I think I need an update!! May be running a contest soon..Sandy
ReplyDeleteLots of Love is a great way to use it I think!!
ReplyDeleteCharlotte you're getting so good with the computer!
ReplyDeleteI've always used lol or LOL meaning lots of laughs after something that makes me laugh or chuckle. I like your idea of Lots of Love too.
So LOL to you sweet friend!
Kat
I like how it can stand for "lots of love", too!
ReplyDelete~Kelli
When I first started blogging..... I would see DH when people were taking about their husband.... I thought there sure are alot of men named DH.... I had to ask a friend what it meant...... Darling husband that's nice...lol..... love your fancy signature...... very pretty
ReplyDeleteHUgs
Linda
I was fortunate to have a daughter who blogged and could let me in on all the lingo of blogland.
ReplyDeleteI knew DH meant "dear husband" and LOL meant "laugh out loud" from her - but that's about the extent of my lingo knowledge. Oh, BF means "Best friends" and BBF means "Best blogging friends".
I think there is some others too. I think she gave me a sheet of abbreviations. When I find it, I'll post it. :)
Hugs.
I found you via Susan at Penless Thoughts. It's been nice visiting. I just wanted to comment that our church convention theme this year was LOL. It was used for Live Out Loud, Luther on Love, Lots of Love, and Lord of Life. Happy Wednesday to you!
ReplyDeleteThat's cute! I am still trying to learn it all also.
ReplyDeleteGinger
Don't feel bad. I am trying to figure out what WW stands for.
ReplyDelete