Saturday, September 6, 2008

ARE WE WISE?

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com


"All who listen to my instructions and follow them are wise,
like a man who builds his house on solid rock.
Though the rain comes in torrents,
and the floods rise and the storm winds beat against his house,
it won't collapse, for it is built on rock.
But those who hear my instructions and ignore them are foolish,
like a man who builds his house on sand.
For when the rains and floods come,
the storm winds beat against his house,
it will fall with a mighty crash."

Matthew 7: 24-27

I thought this picture illustrated the scripture very well. Me - I love sand castles. I like the one in the picture. But - it certainly doesn't compare to the house on the rock (hill). I want my spiritual house built on a rock and that rock is Jesus.

Click on the Spiritual Sundays picture to go to that blog to find links to other Spiritual Sunday posts. 

17 comments:

  1. Hi Dear, As I was getting inspiration by reading through the Spiritual Sunday posts I thought,"Why should I skip yours?"
    Excellent post. This scripture always makes me think of Vacation Bible School. I wonder how many times we sang the song that follows this great passage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture to illiustrate the words of Jesus which are so true. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Evening Charlotte,

    It's always such a delight to end my evenings on Saturday with Spiritual Sunday then start my morning up with it.

    Your picture is perfect for this endearing verse.

    Have a blessed Sonday,
    Kathi :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These verses remind me of Bible school also and that song we used to sing. It did get the message across to me. Thank you for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! What a great picture to go with a wonderful scripture. I want my house built on the rock as well. I am glad that we share the same rock!
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful picture to show the parable of the Wise and Foolish Builders.
    And thinking of the Rock, a song came to my mind:

    "In times like these you need a Savior
    In times like these you need an anchor;
    Be very sure, be very sure
    Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!

    This Rock is Jesus, Yes, He's the One;
    The Rock is Jesus, the only One!
    Be very sure, be very sure
    Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock."

    When the rain and storms come, Jesus Christ is the only foundation that will hold.

    mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. You say: "But - it certainly doesn't compare to the house on the rock (hill). I want my spiritual house built on a rock and that rock is Jesus." You're inspirational Charlotte!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love this image! There are so many people building their castles on sinking sand. I am reminded of this song...

    The Solid Rock

    My hope is built on nothing less
    Than Jesus' blood and righteousness.
    I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
    But wholly lean on Jesus' name.
    On Christ the solid rock I stand,
    All other ground is sinking sand.
    All other ground is sinking sand.

    Thanks for this image and reminder!

    KJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Back....like a nasty wart I am. Get out the compound W!!

    But seriously, the DBacks looked awful yesterday. We actually got that one televised yesterday down here in Texas [no TX teams played until later in the evening]. But I still love the DBacks. Whip LA today and go on and win more.

    [giggles]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen...He is our sure Foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a perfect picture to illustrate those verses!! I haven't seen it before. Have a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one of my favorite scriptures. I, too, want my house built on a rock, the rock that never crumbles and always stands - Jesus!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. a great picture to show how very follish not to build your house on the Solid Rock vs sinking sand. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely illustration of that beloved verse.......
    HUgs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is one of my little son's favorite songs to sing right now. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Charlotte,
    I just stopped by to see what was going on over here. Your blog has a
    face lift! Very nice. I like it.

    ~~Liz~~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amen!! Charlotte,
    Blessed be the rock of our salvation!! I'm with you on this post I want my house to be build upon the rock. For Jesus is our firm foundation *smile*. I really love the picture above it just goes so well with your post. Thanks Charlotte for sharing this with us today..
    Hugz Lorie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte