

My porcelain doll making days were over when I left California. I guess I was still a little in the doll making mood because shortly after we came here I made these two cloth dolls. The picture below was taken in our back yard. Her wool yarn hair was part of a sweater that I bought in Greece years before. I had remodeled the sweater and had some left over so I unraveled it. I thought it made great hair.


Cute dollies! I haven't made dollies in quite some time, Specifically, I made Bunnies. They look quite happy on theeir little wicker chair!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your before & after on your kitchen!
I got bounced today, somehow I didn't quite fit into the guidelines. That's okay, my post stands as is.
Connie
Very cute little dolls. I too use to make cloth dolls.
ReplyDeleteI had a small doll sewing business when my first child was a baby.
I make 32 cloth dolls one Christmas, after that I didn’t want to see another one for a
long time….
Louise
I love the dolls, and I love how you've shown them off in the wicker chair and the [looks like] grapevine chair. And the sun.......wonderful photos.
ReplyDeleteMy SnT is posted. If you haven't dropped by, I sure hope you can!! Happy Friday.
Those are lovely dolls, that looks like something it would be fun to learn how to do. Did you ever restore old dolls?
ReplyDeleteHer hair is very pretty. I wish I was sitting in your backyard in a cozy chair.
ReplyDeleteTake care
ginger
Your doll is precious! Her face is so sweet. Your before and after pictures of the kitchen are great. Wonderful transformation!
ReplyDelete-Karoline
Hi Charlotte!
ReplyDeleteI haven't been by in awhile, so it's been lots of fun this afternoon catching up on all the posts I've missed. I love your new header...really pretty.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs!
Kat
Very cute!
ReplyDeleteThe doll you made is so sweet!
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a great Saturday
off!!!
Beautiful dolls! What a great idea for Show and Tell. I wanted to thank you for your comment on my Show and Tell, and for sharing the story of your hummingbird nest. I see you blogged about it, too! That must be amazing, to see such a tiny nest. Even more so, seeing the tiny, tiny birds! Great story. ;o)
ReplyDelete