Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Dancing Bear


When traveling on the roads in India, you never know what you might run across. (A friend who had been there commented that traveling on the roads in India is like a near death experience.) I think that is a good description. On our journey from New Delhi to the Taj Mahal we saw this dancing bear and his handler by the side of the road. Of course we stopped. After taking this picture and observing the bear for awhile, I started to get into the back seat of the car. I didn’t know the bear was going to follow me in. This may be the most scared I’ve ever been. The handler backed him out when Sharon gave him some more rupies. I never was so relieved. I even started breathing again.

1 comment:

  1. How brave of you, I don't know that I could handle getting in a car with a bear!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte