Sunday, February 10, 2008

Something Less Frivolous

Since today is Sunday, it seems like a good time to write about something more important than dolls and tins and such.

Yesterday after doing my blog I went downstairs and looked for a good book to start reading. We have a whole wall covered with a bookcase full of books. Choosing one is always a daunting task. I picked out a book that I remembered my husband had talked about years ago as being one of his favorite books. I had never really looked at it before, but decided to now. The name of the book is Windows of the Soul by Ken Gire. I had not expected the reaction I had to the reading of the first chapter. No. I didn’t start with chapter 1. I scanned through the book and it looked like one that you could start just about anywhere so I started with page 64. When I finished reading that chapter, it took a long time for the lump in my throat and the tears in my eyes to go away. If you have access to this book, I would definitely recommend it. You might even consider buying it. I think it could be life-changing.

Tomorrow I will be writing about something more frivolous again but I won’t stop reading this book.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had more time to read. I am still reading At Home In Mitford. Between work, a husband 3 grandchildren, 2 bible studies, oh and blogging. It is hard for me to make time. I like to read before I go to bed my my husband perfers to sleep with the light off, I just don't understand why!!!! But anyway I was hoping that you would post a picture of your beautiful bookcase. I know it's hard sometimes to do a special post when our minds are all ready thinking of something, but maybe someday when you don't have anything planned.
    I do plan to finish At Home in Mitford, maybe after I make the spiderman pillow that I promised Maxwell.
    Have a blessed evening,
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've written it down and will see if the library has it when I go soon.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte