Saturday, February 16, 2008

Windows of the Soul

Nannykim left a comment on last Sunday’s blog where I talked about this wonderful book that I had discovered. It has been around for over a decade, but I just started reading it.

Nannykim’s comment was: “Well, what’s it about.”
It’s a book that is hard to describe what it’s about so I looked it up online. I got this picture there and the following description..

Are you straining to hear the still, small voice of God through the noise of your life? In this insightful book, Gire reminds us that God whispers to us through the ordinary experiences of our lives---music, laughter, the beauty of creation, even tears---to get our attention and to nourish our souls. 208 pages, hardcover from Zondervan.

This is a much better description of the book than I could give. I'm still reading it. There are a lot of inspirational stories in there.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, I will have to add that to my list. I tell you I just don't have time to work anymore. But then again I wouldn't be able to buy books if I didn't work,so I guess there's only one answer. Thank-you for sharing your book with us.
    blessings,
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire anyone that can still read books while answering all the Show and Tell Friday comments! ha

    This can become a full time job I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that sounds great---after you have read more give another update on it. I love the summary!! I'll put it on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea a lot on how He 'whispers to us through music, laughter and tears'.....that's very profound. I bet it's a good read. I love to read. Anything I can get my hands on.

    Hope your weekend is treating you well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte