Today I ponder – who will be our next president. I’ve been following the debates, news about candidates, etc. for weeks now. Who will I vote for. I have considered not voting at all since I’m really not thrilled with the choices we have. I think this would not be right though. When I think about who would be better on the war on terror, I say McCain without a doubt. I’m not sure the other side fully understands what we’re up against in this war with Islamic extremists. Can you sit down and make nice with people whose goal in life is to wipe you off the face of the earth? Do they hate us because they don’t understand us and we need to be nice and they will like us? NO. They hate us because they DO understand us. They think they are doing the will of God when they kill us.Another big thing with me is who will appoint judges who will be on the side of keeping God out of our lives as much as they can. Liberal judges have already taken God out of the schools. In some schools the word prayer can’t even be mentioned. Not an actual prayer, but just the word prayer. If they could take the words that are engraved on the capital building off I’m sure they would do it. They are probably trying to figure out a way to do that already. Any day now they will take the words In God We Trust off of our currency. The liberals want to make this a completely secular country. They are succeeding at an alarming rate as far as I am concerned. I believe this will be the destruction of America if the trend isn’t reversed.
I don’t usually write a very long blog, because I think people’s attention span is short. Maybe I’m thinking of my attention span but I don’t think I’m too different in that respect from others. But I got carried away with writing today. This is such an important thing. The direction our country takes depends in large part upon how we vote. I believe every Christian should pray that God will show them who they should vote for. In the end, it is God’s choice that I want to see in the White House whether it's my choice or not.
I thought about not voting also but then I thought again. They need my vote. But I am with you as far as feeling you would be best in those two cituations. War and our Lord.Sometimes I just can't even think about it. I like your weather badge. It is 51 here today. I try not to write long blogs either because of that same reason. OH! We sent you a something in the mail today so I hope you get it soon. We should of sent it a long time ago but just didn't not sure why. But I'm sorry it took us so long to do that. I hope you have a blessed day,
ReplyDeleteginger
I am praying about the election and asking for wisdom for who to vote for too.
ReplyDeleteI am just like you. What do we have to work with. Our world is in a great need of prayer!
ReplyDeleteOur only child, our son, left us Saturday to go back to Germany to deplore to Iraq. This next election scares me too. I listen to Rush every day to keep my sanity. (AND of Course, PRAY!)
ReplyDeleteComment to Anonymous: I'm praying for your son. You must be very proud of him. He is very courageous. Like you, I depend on Rush to help me keep my sanity.
ReplyDeleteCharlotte