Sunday, March 16, 2008

PALM SUNDAY

I find it amazing that people who were hailing Jesus as their king, were shouting for his crucifixion less than a week later. Of course, this was in God's plan, that Jesus would die the way that he did.

I am so looking forward to the time when he comes back not riding on a lowly donkey, but as the King of kings and Lord of lords. I'm hoping it will be soon.


The next day the huge crowd that had arrived for the Feast heard that Jesus was entering Jerusalem. They broke off palm branches and went out to meet him. And they cheered:

Hosanna!
Blessed is he who comes in God’s name!
Yes! The King of Israel!

Jesus got a young donkey and rode it, just as the Scripture has it.

No fear, Daughter Zion:
See how your king comes
riding a donkey’s colt.

The disciples didn’t notice the fulfillment of many Scriptures at the time, but after Jesus was glorified, they remembered that what was written about him matched what was done to him.

John 12:12 - - The Message

3 comments:

  1. I am always finding new favorite songs. Being a choir director, I am always looking for songs for my little choir to sing. Being a musician, I always have music going through my head. The following are words to a new favorite song and one which our choir will sing the Sunday following Easter. I claimed the solo part.

    HE'D DO IT ALL AGAIN
    written by
    Marty Funderburk (once a member of the Cathredral Quartet)
    Wayne Haun and
    Joel Lindsey.

    Solo:
    I was just a child when I first heard the gospel,
    and with simple faith I gave my heart to Christ.
    As young as I was then, still I knew it was my sin
    that caused the Lord to give His very life.
    But I've wondered if somehow
    Jesus had to do it now,
    would that be the way that He would choose?
    For knowing what I know of me,
    how could I be worth Calvary?
    But deep inside I know what He would do.

    Choir:
    He's go back to the garden and kneel where He once pleaded in my stead.
    He'd cry, "Father, forgive them!" as they placed a crown of thorns upon His head.
    And, if He had to hang upon that cross once more,
    He would die there for my sin.
    I believe that Jesus loves me so much,
    He'd do it all again.

    Solo:
    If He had to stand again in Pilot's chambers,
    and once more be mocked by those He came to love:
    If He had to climb that hill
    I'm convinced He'd do it still,
    to take on the guilt I'd never rise above.
    But if somehow Jesus knew
    after all that He'd go through,
    I would be the only one His death would save.
    If His grace was turned aside
    and by all the world denied,
    I believe He'd face Golgotha anyway.

    Choir: repeat chorus.

    That song was written for me. Can you put yourself in my place and consider how it could have been written for you also? The music is beautiful also.
    Connie
    downonthefarminmarana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your blog today. It sounds like you have traveled around a bit and have an interesting life. My husband & I were just asked to go on a mission trip to Egypt. Was the camel experience a bad one?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte