Dear Lord,
Help me in suffering my cross
to look to you and gain strength from how you
suffered yours,
to bear the pain of my unanswered
questions the way you bore yours.
Help me to see that even in the darkness and the
aloneness of your forsakenness,
still you loved,
still you forgave,
still you trusted yourself to the care of
your Father’s hands.
Sometimes, Jesus, the road to the Father’s house
seems so long and so steep
and sometimes I get so tired.
Here and there I need an angel, Lord,
someone along the way to lift my head,
to point the way,
and to tell me the truth about the road ahead.
Grant me traveling mercies for the journey, Lord.
Help me to be as hopeful in my joy
as I am honest in my sorrow.
Sorrowful but always rejoicing,
knowing that though I shall be more and more tired,
I shall also be nearer and nearer to Thee.
Help me in suffering my cross
to look to you and gain strength from how you
suffered yours,
to bear the pain of my unanswered
questions the way you bore yours.
Help me to see that even in the darkness and the
aloneness of your forsakenness,
still you loved,
still you forgave,
still you trusted yourself to the care of
your Father’s hands.
Sometimes, Jesus, the road to the Father’s house
seems so long and so steep
and sometimes I get so tired.
Here and there I need an angel, Lord,
someone along the way to lift my head,
to point the way,
and to tell me the truth about the road ahead.
Grant me traveling mercies for the journey, Lord.
Help me to be as hopeful in my joy
as I am honest in my sorrow.
Sorrowful but always rejoicing,
knowing that though I shall be more and more tired,
I shall also be nearer and nearer to Thee.

Wow! What a beautiful prayer! Wow! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday!
Hugs!
Kat
I look forward to your blog on Sunday's. I always know it will be something special.
ReplyDeleteThank-you
ginger
That is a very pretty prayer. Thanks for sharing it.
ReplyDeleteTo listen and download your music favorites, mp3 format.
ReplyDeleteYou can visit the following link:
http://musicmp3-now.blogspot.com/