Monday, March 3, 2008

The Tale of Two Birds

This little birdie (not real) sits on the ledge outside our kitchen window looking in. We bought it at a nursery in Sedona last year. Just thought I would share it with you today.

This little hummingbird (a real bird) built her nest on top of a wind chime on our patio last year. I climbed up on a chair one day to be able to look into the nest. There were two very very tiny heads sticking up. It was very sad when we had one of our monsoon storms – the wind blew very
hard – the mother bird didn’t come back to the nest. The babies were gone. The nest is still there. I guess the moral of the story is, if you are a hummingbird, don't build your nest on a wind chime. This may be something like the foolish man building his house upon the sand.


7 comments:

  1. Poor hummingbirds! Love the one on your ledge.

    Happy Monday.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just goes to show you that even our instincts can mislead us. Thank God for God! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...poor little hummingbird. Your other little bird is so sweet, a lovely keepsake for your kitchen window!
    Hugs,
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love humming birds. Poor babies.
    The one on the ledge is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful blog. I love the tale of the two birds. Blessings. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats so sad :( poor little birdies. I did like what you said about the wind chime though. What a strange place for a nest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a weird little story about the hummingbirds. I never even thought about them making nests!! I like the fake bird too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte