Through the years I have had many collections. One of my collections when I was a teenager was ceramic cats (knick knacks). I still have a few of them. The one above was my favorite. I paid $2.50 for it. Everyone thought I was crazy to pay that much for a cat. $2.50 doesn’t sound like much, but it was back in 1955. Most of the cats I had cost less than a dollar each. I think I bought this one at a Hallmark store. The little pedestal it’s sitting on I bought in New Orleans when I visited there in 1989. The background for the picture is a table topper that I now use to cover my sewing machine. When I bought a new sewing machine, I kept the old cabinet. Well, that didn’t work real well. It wouldn’t go down inside like the old one did so I used this table topper to cover it. This makes a pretty good background for several pictures I’ve taken. (Victoria magazine in sidebar is one.)All of these little cats now live in my doll room.
You should hear the music the little band makes. Well, you can hear it if you have a very good imagination.


What a cute kitty collection! And I love the table topper over the sewing machine.
ReplyDeleteLovely items.
ReplyDeleteSusan
lol.... the kitty orchestra is so sweet!
ReplyDeleteAwwwwwwwwww, gotta love those kitties. Especially the two Siamese...they ARE my favorite kitties.
ReplyDeleteYou lived in Ft. Collins? I know that well...it's a cute little town. At least it was 40 years ago. LOL...I grew up farther south than there tho....just north and west of Denver in the foothills. Hubby was born in Colorado Springs.
What a small world...now you live in AZ...where we retired and stayed for a dozen years. Things that make you go 'hmmmmmmmmmm'.
LOVED that Cat Band! Of course they need a name! That should be a "contest", poll everyone out here in Blogville and come up with a name for these little guys! I am going to participate in the 6 Word MEME over the weekend. This should be fun! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteConnie
These little guys ar so cute! I like the little mirror too. I am glad to here your knee is doing better.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice day,
ginger
Hi Charlotte, I love the kitty band! Too cute! What a nice collection. I enjoyed that. God Bless!
ReplyDeleteHi Charlotte! That kitty is so very cute! You know, I love anything with applied flowers. It looks like little rhinestones are in the center of the flowers too. Thanks for tagging me. I'll be posting my 6 word memoir soon. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDelete-Karoline
My husband and I didn't start collecting things until we moved to Scottsdale and then it was all antiques. Perhaps I will start taking pictures of my collections. Tomorrow, I may take ya' all on a ride, from my house to Hwy 10 which will take you either N.W. to Phoenix or S.E. to N.M. and on to TX. Connie
ReplyDeletedownonthefarminmarana.blogspot.com
What adorable little kittens! They are precious. Thank you for sharing your collection with us.
ReplyDeleteGina
Oh i love kitties.. not as much as bunnies though hehe.
ReplyDeleteThey are sweet; plus they don't leave any hair, or cat barf. I like your shelf in the header.
ReplyDeleteAhh, they are precious!
ReplyDeleteNancy
I love your cat collection. I also collect cats. I always bought one at the county fair every year. I like the cat band and especially the siamese. Why is it we can usually remember where we got that special item and how much we paid, but I can't remember if I paid the cable bill?
ReplyDeleteI love kitties real and ceramic!
ReplyDeleteI have a few collections kitties
bunnies, bears and lately I have
been falling for yellow chicks!
The older figurines has such innocent charm & cute faces!
I am in LOVE with the Cat band. I love your collection of kitties. I am doing the meme you tagged me for tonight. Look for it when you get a chance!
ReplyDeleteJennifer