Saturday, March 15, 2008

I was tagged by Brandy for a meme. I will play along. Here are the rules. In the 8 facts about yourself, you share 8 things that your readers don’t know about you. Then at the end you tag at least 8 other bloggers to keep the fun going.So here goes. It shouldn’t be hard because most of you know almost nothing about me. Although – if you’ve been reading my posts, you know a few things.

  1. I got lost in Tijuana when I was six years old. A Mexican policeman helped me find our car. My cousin Jerry (who I talked about in past posts) and I were supposed to stay in the car with our two younger cousins. Jerry got out and walked around awhile and came back to the car. Then I got out and walked around and got lost. I still have a terrible sense of direction.

  2. I spent the summer of 1948 when I was 11 years old in Oklahoma (I lived in California) visiting various relatives. I had quite a few there at that time. One of my aunts lived in an apartment in downtown Lawton. There were 5 theaters in the city at that time and it only cost 10cents so I spent a lot of time going to movies. I saw “The Egg and I” five times. I loved that movie. Something more important happened that summer. I met my future husband. He was the little brother (2 years older than I) of my aunt's husband. So my aunt eventually became my sister-in-law. This aunt/sister-in-law eventually became the mother-in-law of Ginger of Enchanting Cottage. Small world.

  3. I have a few food “quirks”. I always mash beans with my fork before I eat them. Any kind of beans except green beans. I don’t mash them.

  4. I love white gravy, but can’t stand any kind of gravy not made with milk.

  5. The only time I smoked a cigarette was when I was in the 5th grade. My little friend who lived in the house behind us had teenage brothers, and she swiped some of their cigarettes. I didn’t like it then, and never tried it again.

  6. I attended an Elvis Presley concert in Long Beach in 1956. He is still one of my favorite singers as you might have surmised by my choice of music on my blog.

  7. I rode a camel to the pyramids in Egypt. I’ve never wanted to ride another one.

  8. I could have ridden an elephant in India, but didn’t want to. I’m not terribly adventurous that way. I would have been in my younger days (much younger).

Who will be the eight people that I tag to play the game? Here they are:

Connie down on the farm, ceekay, Thinkin of Home, Rita Saved by Grace, Rhoda Southern Hospitality, Lori Stilger, Musings from a Proverbs 31 Wannabe, Martie Hitting the High Notes, LW The Pink Front Gate, Gina Simply Heart & Home.

6 comments:

  1. WOW! I didn't know all that about you. You have done some exciting things in your life. Thank-you for sharing.
    Have a great weekend,
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotte,

    Hadn't stopped by in awhile so I just wanted to pop over and say hello. Really, Elvis Presley, you go girl!!

    Hugs,
    LeAnn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte,

    Thank you for tagging me. I will get on that asap! :)

    Have a blessed weekend.

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Charlotte, I appreciate the tag & will have to think on it. I've shared some of these over the past year, so I'm not sure I have a lot more interesting things about me.

    Happy Weekend!
    Rhoda

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI,

    Thank you for the tag, I will get to it after Easter...

    I enjoyed reading your eight things....

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for tagging me. I will try to get to it this week - as I am so busy right now. Thanks for stopping by my blog - I enjoyed your 'visit'

    Blessings,
    ~Martie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte