Friday, March 21, 2008

CROSSES



Since today is Good Friday, I had planned to feature these crosses for Show & Tell Friday. There is no formal Show & Tell today but I’ll go ahead and show the crosses anyway.

The three crosses are on our wall in our family room. The cross on the right has special meaning because it was given to us one Christmas by the Youth Minister and his wife at our last church a few years ago. The cross on the coffee table is one our daughter gave my husband for Christmas. She bought it at the bookstore at our church.

Crosses are seen everywhere these days. They are in demand as decorating items. I love these crosses because they remind me of the sacrifice that Jesus made for the whole human race. Today many of the crosses are beautiful. My first thought was that the cross where Jesus died was not beautiful at all; that it was even ugly. But then I thought again. Yes, that was the most beautiful cross that ever existed. It’s how you “look” at it. What a shame that so many people completely miss seeing it.

6 comments:

  1. Charlotte, your crosses are great. I have one that I think I will post tomorrow. The one on your coffee table...is it marble? Thank you for sharing them. Blessed Good Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your post today. Have a wonderful weekend celebrating our risen Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you put it--the ugliest cross was the most beautiful! Touching! Thanks.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each beautiful in many ways... your blog is so peaceful and always a wonderful place to visit... I also love your music choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your crosses are lovely, Charlotte! May you and your family have a blessed Easter!
    Hugs,
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those crosses are beautiful. I love crosses and somehow seem to be sort of collecting them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte