Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Arizona Sun

I would say this little guy has been out in the sun too long. He’s been sitting out in our back yard for about 18 years. I bought him at a yard sale when we first moved here. He was painted bright colors and looked new. This is what the sun has done to him. Actually, part of the time he has been sitting in the shade, but almost anywhere I put him, he gets sunshine sometime during the day. He has also survived many monsoon seasons. What a guy.

He has a good view though (if the sun hasn’t blinded him). The roses are just starting to bloom and these flowers that come up from bulbs every year are right in front of him. I’ll bet he does hate to see another summer coming though. It’s very pleasant out there this time of year.


Yes, I've thought about a new paint job, but decided to stick with the "weathered" look. I can identify with that.





5 comments:

  1. I have a little 'giftie' for you on my Thursday 13!!

    [the last photo of the flowers...those are goregous!! What is the plant? It looks like iris or lilies of some kind!!!]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotte,
    I had computer problems for 3 long days!!~~~ So I am going to get cought up on all your post and other bloggers post also. I am not sure what happend with the computer, it was my screen but it works fine now. Your new pitures is pretty. I hope I grow older as graceful as you have.
    Have a wonderful day,
    ( I missed your blog while I was gone)
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte,

    You garden gnome is well worn but still beautiful sitting on his bench. I was going to suggest a new paint job, but see you've already thought of that. He has a very weathered look. You can stop the sun from doing more damage by giving him a coat of sealer. If you do that each year, he will remain the same.

    Love your flowers. I think, but could be wrong, that the last plant is a daylily.

    Enjoyed dropping by from Hootin' Anni's.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sealer for the little guy? I don't think so. I have a picnic table that my husband put a marine sealer on twice. This AZ sun is a killer for anything but dirt! It peeled badly. My BB finally built a new table top and seat for it out of the material my new porch is built out of. It is some kind of composit of both a plastic material and wood. I think it is all ground up and then made into board. It is guarenteed for 20 years. I will never even have to paint it. The color is worked into the "boards".

    I found a new friend while going from here and there. A lovely lady in OK someplace. her blog is ....laughingchicken. I think you will like her also.......Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's adorable! I like the way that he has aged!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte