Friday, March 28, 2008

Two Faced Doll

Show and Tell















This is certainly not one of my favorite dolls, but I think it is interesting. That’s why I made it in the first place. It can be turned to one side for a happy face and the other side for a sad face. I like the happy face side the best.



Here the two faced doll (with the happy side up) is pictured with the doll that IS my favorite. She is the largest doll I made. I will feature her sometime in the future and tell you more about her.

The buggy was a Christmas present from my daughter many years ago. She thought I needed a buggy for my doll room. She was right.

16 comments:

  1. Absolutely aMAZing!!!! Outstanding work. Wow.

    My show n tell is posted....drop by if you can, I'd love to have you visit, if you haven't already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps....I'm listening to
    Beautiful Dreamer now!!! Excellent music playlist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will I offend you if I say at first glance it kind of creeped me out! I am fascinated though by hving the 2 different looks! I agree, I prefer the happier face! I posted about a doll today too! Have a blesed weekend!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS
    I love your header with the daybed, it's so romantic with all of the photos and keepsakes!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is very interesting…

    I love the outfit… did you make that as well?

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting, but I agree...I like the happy face much better.

    My grandmother used to make "double" doll. For instance...on one end was Little Red Riding Hood doll and then you flipped her upside down so the skirt covered her face and then the Grandmother doll was seen on the other end. I have it somewhere. If I find it, I'll do a post about it.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi - thanks for visiting my blog. I thought it was interesting that your daughter is named Carol Lee. Most people want to spell my name that way.

    My husband's aunt makes dolls and attends many doll shows but I have never heard of a two faced doll before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charlotte,

    Those dolls are amazing! I can not imagine how you would make a doll at all. I think the closest I came to was with playdoh! :)

    Blessings,

    Gins

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never seen a doll like that before. I will have to take a closer look sometime.
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing your dolls. the sad face just doesn't look like a baby face to me. More like an old man?
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Charlotte! That's one interesting doll. My mom has a teddy bear that has a doll face on one side and a bear face on the other... You have dressed this doll beautifully! I can't wait until you post about the doll you made standing by the buggy. She looks so pretty!
    -Karoline

    ReplyDelete
  12. very neat..if I were small it my frighten me,but so neat how you did it. We really all have to faces. Happy and sad.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Charlotte, Cute dolls...seeing the two faces at the same time is different!
    I am now known as the Barroness of Burgers and/or Princess of Patties.
    That is the names I was tagged with by my CO relatives after introducing them to In 'N Out Burger! Ahhh...I can sleep well tonight, I've had my fix.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't think I've ever seen a doll like that before...it's very interesting. I like the happy side better. You do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never seen a doll like that, I like the happy side better too! The wicker pram is so pretty!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte