Thursday, March 6, 2008

More Reminiscing


Another tap dance my cousin and I performed was a Raggedy Ann and Andy dance. Here we are in our costumes. It isn’t easy to tap dance on grass. I’ve had the top picture forever, but just discovered the one on the grass recently. Being the only child, I inherited all my mother’s photos when she passed away several years ago. I was just recently looking through them again and ran across some old negatives. I can scan negatives on our scanner, so I did. I was so excited to see some pictures that I hadn’t seen since these pictures were taken. The original prints were probably sent to some relative at the time. I don’t remember ever seeing them.

We entered a Halloween costume contest that year wearing these costumes. There was a parade on the main street of Norwalk. We won “Most Unique”. That was fun.


7 comments:

  1. WOW! That is great that you can scan the negatives what a wonderful surprise to see the pictues for the first time. I guess it would be hard to tap dance on the grass~~~ but I am sure it was fun trying. WOW I sure do miss posting maybe next time I will just take a few days off. But I have gotten a lot of paper work done for taxes and that kinda thing.
    Take care I hope your knees not to bad,
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were a talented young lady. It is awsome you have so many great photos. I have been going through my moms and there are none of them young. Breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S
    I thought is was kinda funny because as I was writing my comment you I got a pop up saying you just posted on my blog so off I go to read it.
    What did I ever do before blogging?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom also left a lot of photos behind (can't take 'em with you) Some time ago I went through them all and tossed the ones I hadn't a clue as to who they were. Makes me think I should label all mine. FAT CHANCE! Too much computer time in store. My BB (baby brother) has a scanner that will scan negitives. That is a very good thing. When we lived in IA my BB sent a bunch of negitives he had on hand. I toted them down to the nearest photo place and not even asking the cost had them all made into pictures. When I went to pick them up I GASPED at the cost. I told the girl at the counter, "I can't do that! I had no idea at the cost", she reduced the price (didn't know they could do that did you? I didn't) and I took them all home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Charlotte, thanks for stopping by to visit me! So nice to meet you and I hope you'll come back often.

    Rhoda

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's neat that you can scan negatives. You look so cute!
    My daughter asked for Raggety A & A a couple Christmas' ago. I found 2 vintage ones on Ebay, and because the auction closed at 3 in the morning I only paid 10.00! She still just loves them.
    I look forward to seeing some more pics. God Bless, Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte