Monday, March 10, 2008

The Plant That Always Returns

See this empty pot in front of our house. It looks this way twice a year - but only for a little while. In the winter it freezes, and in the summer it burns up. We put temporary flowering plants in it until the real occupant returns again, and it always returns. Last winter after a deeper than usual freeze in our valley, my husband was sure that it would not return, but it did. I have no idea what kind of plant this is. We bought it at a nursery many years ago. The pot is really in bad shape. If we tried to move it even a little, it would fall apart, but the plant comes back each time more beautiful than ever and so we just keep the old pot.

6 comments:

  1. How beautiful the plant is. Thats what I need. I cant grow anything. Everytime I touch a plant it dies. I do not have a green thumb at all. My kids on the other hand do. They planted a bean out in a pot. It was not a seed, just a soup bean, no water no noting and it grew. I was like WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful plant. Wow, it gets huge! Like brandy said above, I have no green thumb when it comes to plants, except for the easy petunias and such. Nice day up here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful plant. If it were here the wild rabbits would eat it. Guess one must pick and choose.

    Connie

    downonthefarminmarana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, charlotte! i clicked on the link in my e-guilt post and it worked. you might want to try it again.

    it's springtime in your side of the earth! (we only have two seasons in the philippines, wet and dry.) i love springtime especially in italy where i experienced these twice. but i always pine for another sight of autumn in the east coast of north america.

    have a good day, charlotte and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! What a be-uuuuu-ti-ful kitchen picture! I really love everything about it-the color, the way you stage items etc... And the bunnies! Oh you can never have too many bunnies in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That plant is amazing. It looks like any number of wild things I've seen. It would drive me nuts if I couldn't find out what it was!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte