Tuesday, March 18, 2008

An Irish Dance


Since yesterday was St. Patrick’s Day, I’m still in an Irish kind of mood. It reminded me of this tap dance we performed way back in the “dark ages”.

The dance was called Irish Washer Woman. The skirts were really pretty. I’ve never seen any fabric like it since then. It was Irish green – really sparkly. The vests were black. I thought my mother made the best costume. I wish these pictures were in color, but they were taken before color photography. Wow. That WAS a long time ago.

Speaking of Irish tap dancing, I love the River Dance dancers. Haven’t seen them on TV in awhile, but I think they are fantastic.

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for visiting my blog today, Charlotte. I'm so glad I found yours and will be back often. What an inspiration this is.

    Bertie
    Aunt May's Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotte, This picture is so adorable! You look like Shirley Temple with your hair all curly like that!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute in the pic. Ever think of taking it where they "color in" the colors that you want?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ceekay had a good idea. I really hadn't thought of that. My aunt use to do that back in the 40s. She colored in some pictures of me - very professional looking. Wish she had done the dancing ones. The ones she did were earlier than that - like when I was about 3 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture is sooooo cute! Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoyed looking at your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Charlotte! I LOVE your home and your blog!! Just beautiful! Thank you so much for visiting me :)

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore all your dance pictures….
    You were Too cute….

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charlotte, you must spend many hours more than I do at the computer. What a delightful passtime the computer is. Used to be the newspaper, now it is the computer. A good way to start the day. I "met" a delightful new friend on the computer yesterday.
    www.laughingchicken.blogspot.com Take a look.

    Re: Riverdance. I love Riverdance. Loved the group a long time before I moved to Marana. Three days after I moved to Marana I injured my ankle so badly I could hardly walk. Daughter and husband knew how much I enjoy Riverdance and had purchased tickets for us. I pulled out my mom's walker and we were on our way. I wish we had been closer to the stage.
    Connie
    www.downonthefarm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Charlotte,
    I LOVE the "Riverdance and the Lord of the Dance" as well. I think everyone does. HA!

    I just remembered the "meme." I am SO behind. Blah. I hate that.

    I may not get to it or then again... I may.
    Miss Priss is sick with fever...and my husband has been for two days as well. He had to go out today because he has to speak at something. I have a full afternoon. But may get something for tomorrow. I will let you know if I do it though.

    LOVED your photos. You have the GREATEST photos of your past. Fab really!
    Just wanted to check in with you.
    Be blessed,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've enjoyed looking through your blog at all your lovely photos. This one is just too cute! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute picture! :D I remember taking tap as a child. It was soooooo difficult! Your picture reminds me of the dancing I've seen at the annual Irish festival held locally.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte