Friday, March 7, 2008

Another Hobby

Before I started blogging, I spent a lot of time making DVDs of our photos. Here are some of them on the top shelf of our CD/DVD cabinet. All together I made 22 of them. Actually it was more, because I updated most of them - sometimes more than twice. After I would finish one, I would run across some more pictures that should have been included, so I would have to update it.

Making the labels and covers to put on the holders is almost as much fun as making DVDs, but not quite.

When people come to see us, I don’t bore them with home movies (we never had any of those). I bore them with DVDs.
Here is the front of the one about Carmel & Monterey. That’s a picture of me probably about 25 years ago. We spent our honeymoon in Carmel and those pictures are on the DVD as well as pictures from the many trips we have made back there over the years.


17 comments:

  1. WOW...what a great idea...and collection!

    BTW, is that your kitchen on your banner? It's GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great way to save precious photos…
    and so organized …

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of the DVD's. We are transferring all of the old 8mm of my Hub's to Dvd. I am assuming you scanned your pics and then burned them to DVD? Did you put any music to them?
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to preserve your memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Charlotte! Now, that was a lot of work... how wonderful to have all your photos organized like that. We've been to Carmel once, and oh how I'd love to go back for another visit! Someday...
    -Karoline

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely place (Monterey) to have preserved in your DVD library.
    I find blogging takes the place of a lot of scrapbooking ...I really need to print out some pictures of my new grandson, so I can carry them in an album! I'm behind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats' a great dvd cover. And then...I also wanted to add my heart took a leap of joy seeing the quail on your shelf. I so enjoyed watching them in our yard in Tucson! We even had nests and families there.

    Have a great weekend, hope you can drop by my show n tell if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charlotte,

    My husband is in the process of doing the same thing. There is a program that he uses where he can add music to them as well. He makes various montages/themes with them.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    Gina
    www.simplyheartandhome.com

    I'm sorry I have to put my link here. It doesn't seem to "take" in the name/url box

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea and I know a lot of work!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a neat thing to do with photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is awsome. Wish I was smart enough to do that. this is something you will treasure forever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I was that organized
    with my photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Charlotte, thanks for stopping by my blog. I have looked on yours several times and laughed that we are so close to each other. I also was a pastor's wife for 20 years. I enjoy reading your blog. Yes, anything that can remind us of the water is a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I should do that too, I have so many hundreds of digital photos. It's cool that you made them all covers too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your white hair so much that the darker hair is a surprise. I remember dark, thick, long hair. Now I just wish I had hair. Well, I have almost enough to cover my head. All three of my children are going to have the same problem.

    By the way, you rock with your picture collection. I have a dresser drawer full, both of mine and my moms. Guess I will just pass them on. Connie

    downonthefarminmarana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's awesome. My husband's aunt loves to do that. Someday, I'd like to compile all of our pics that way. For now, i'm lucky to just get them uploaded and saved to a cd. Future goals?! Hope your having a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great organizational idea. Now, if I ship you my HUGE box of photo and old memories, would you just do that little favor for me?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte