
I decided to go back to my dolls today and talk about Elizabeth. I found some beautiful violet eyes at a doll show. I didn’t have a doll for them, but I bought them anyway because I liked them so well. I figured I’d decide later how to use them. I ended up putting them in this doll and named her Elizabeth, or Liz. (The pictures don’t do justice to the color of her eyes.) I just took this picture of her. As soon as I saw it on the computer screen I noticed that her hat had slipped a little. Too much trouble to do it again, so this will have to do. I also made the shoes she has on. The other picture is one with her coat and cap on. She doesn’t wear this much in Arizona. In fact, she hasn’t had it on in over 18 years.P.S. To see more of the dolls I made, scroll all the way to the bottom of my blog to see a scrapbook.
I love dolls. I used to collect,but never had a reall place to display. I have one still in my Toile room she came from Cracker barrel and i love her. Other say she looks spooky. I have a picture hanging right above it that has the same style doll..so They will have to get over it=) she is staying. Thanks for the comments on my cake.
ReplyDeleteI will have to look at all of your dolls again, I forgot how pretty they all are.
ReplyDeleteHave great Sat.
ginger
Hello Charlotte...
ReplyDeleteYour dolls are just beautiful!! Thank you so much for your visit and sweet comment on the blog... What a lovely place you have here and I am so delighted our paths have crossed. I plan to stay a while here and catch up on all I have missed. You and your family have a beautiful weekend.
Smiles...
Beverly
Charlotte do you actually make the outfits for these dolls?
ReplyDeleteThey all look amazing.
Do you want to know how to add a link to names when you mention other people on your posts?
Gorgeous! Perfect name too for a violet eyed beauty.
ReplyDeleteHope you're having a wonderful weekend.
Hugs!
Kat
Just dropping by today to send along my heartfelt thanks for such a lovely happy birthday wish! Y'all made my day so special, and I cherished every single wish left in my comments. You're a treasure!!! Thank you kindly!!!
ReplyDeleteI collected dolls for my daughter...each one has a special story. One day they will be her daugthers. I did purchase some sweet Raggey Ann & Andy's for each of them to play with when they visit.
ReplyDeleteWay back when...I use to make ceramic dolls...the heads, feet & arms were ceramic-then I would sew their clothes. It was really was a lot of fun. I only have one left--tucked safely away, but looking at your lovely blog--I think I will take her out & put her on a shelf.
Your blog is inspiring.