Friday, February 8, 2008

Show & Tell

Since Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, my thoughts have turned to hearts. I love hearts. I have quite a lot of Brighton jewelry. Almost all their jewelry includes hearts in some fashion. When you buy their jewelry, they always put it in a darling little heart shaped tin. I had a whole bunch of these little tins that I gave away. I kept a few. I’ve been trying to think of ways to use them. The first thing I thought of was a good place to store straight pins and safety pins. Button boxes is a good idea. I just put them on my vanity dresser to look pretty. I bought the round pink tin at a garage sale several years ago because I thought it was pretty. I wonder what it contained when it was new. My best bet is CHOCOLATES. I display it in my doll room.

22 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I like the picture of you in your kitchen! It's so bright and cheery!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hearts! So pretty and feminine. Loved your blog and the picture of you and your kitchen. I am also a church secretary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love theose hearts--I am wondering what size they measure! I also love your hutch thing on the sidebar--that is so beautiful. Oh, ps--the wall color in my room with the coffe pictures is not green--I didn't even look to see the color--the color is a warm yellow--I don't know why the color came out that way----STRANGE!!! dodododo eeerrrrrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. nope--I meant the ones on the doily. Man--I meant coffee not coffe. And those , not theose--no wonder you are confused!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet boxes...
    I have always loved the name Charlotte.
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now, you've been added! Blogrolling finally loaded for me this afternoon. Yay!!!

    Your photos are super. So, so beautiful. If you'd like, drop by my blog today and see the Valentine wreath I made this week.

    Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps....you may have to refresh the Bloggers over 50 blogroll to see that you've been added. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable little tins! Love your blog header. Great picture of you in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute boses. I like pretty things to put those necessary items in.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are so sweet even without the chocolate. I don't have any Brighton but I do love looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love anything Brighton! The tin from in your doll room is precious!
    -Karoline

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tins are so pretty. I use to collect anykind of tin I could find. But your are very pretty. As far as the mail boxes are concern the mail man just opens the door and there is a small slot he just puts it in. I think if someone was to have small hand and had enough time they may be able to reach inside. I tried it but could not touch the bottom of the mail box.
    Have a blessed evening,
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh!!! I love hearts, and those are just darling!! The pink tin is cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty hearts! Great song on your blog, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The tins are GRAND! I love them. Brighton makes the cutest things, we have a shop here as well.
    I've never saved mine, is that CRAZY or what? Thanks for praying too by the way...we all appreciate it very, very, much!
    Be blessed,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  16. I too love Brighton jewelry and the tin boxes they use. So sweet. So girlie!

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love tins and yours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I would love to store things in heart shaped tins. I've never heard of Brighton jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I adore hearts too--yours are beautiful:)

    Julieann

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the heart tins and enjoyed
    your doll photos, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What lovely valentine hearts. I especially love the chocolate box, (at least I think it's a chocolate box).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte