It’s funny the things I do remember. I remember that the outfit I had on in the picture my Mom ordered for me and when it arrived it was too small. I wore it anyway. I remember a lot of things that happened years ago. Now if I could just remember yesterday.
Friday, February 22, 2008
It’s funny the things I do remember. I remember that the outfit I had on in the picture my Mom ordered for me and when it arrived it was too small. I wore it anyway. I remember a lot of things that happened years ago. Now if I could just remember yesterday.
Labels:
Dolls,
Show and Tell
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
With all the things I do have, I do not have any childhood toys. My mother was not a "saver" and got rid of stuff. Maybe that's why I hold on to so much for my kids and grandkids. Nice doll, glad you kept her and the picture is adorable. I have one where I'm picking my nose, too. I got in so much trouble when my mother saw that picture. It was taken of our class in Sunday School!!!
ReplyDeleteSusan
Good Morning Miss Charlotte!
ReplyDeleteYou aren't going to believe this but I have that same exact frame and it is posted today!!! What are the odds? I love that priceless picture!
I read your previous entry and those pots are all the rage now aren't they? I refuse to pay the price for the Le Cruseut brand, although the HOMEGOODS store affiliated with TJ MAXX is carrying some of those products at a cheaper price. I got a BRAISER at Sprawl-Mart for $25, the TRAMENTINA brand and I absolutely love it! I'm going to get the 6.5 Dutch Oven as well.
Enjoy your weekend!
Connie
very nice dolls, but I'm drooling over the blue pot below! *U*
ReplyDeleteLOL! LOVE the line, "I remember a lot of things that happened years ago. Now if I could just remember yestereday." LOL! BOY, do I relate!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your story and doll with us. LOVE the picture. :D
Have a BLESSED day!
Charlotte, I am blown away with the posts that I have seen today that have the items pictured in them! You are so blessed! I like the Doll! Jennifer
ReplyDeleteThat's so neat to still have a childhood toy in good condition, plus a picture of yourself with it.
ReplyDeleteI am just amazed how you even have th picture with the doll. Your are very organized!!! Thank-you for your comment on the bookshelf. It was fun to make you can choose what size and what kind of wood you want. I had those books on my sidebar I thought I should just put them on a bookshelf.
ReplyDeleteJo I have anohter web page where you can decorate your own doll house everything with wall paper and and windows, curtains. I had so much fun but then again I had one of those momements. I could not put it on my blog. If you what the link I can email it to you. It takes a pretty long time to decorate it. Wayne doesn't really like when I get involved ( to late)
Have a nice day. I hope your knee is starting to feel better.
ginger
That picture is priceless! Too funny!!! I'm glad you kept the doll even though she wasn't your favorite. Hey.. my mom used to have a decorated tree in our yard for Christmas too. Kind of different..
ReplyDelete-Karoline
My mom collected Madam Alexander Dolls, she gave my girls each one. Yours is pretty. You either like them or you don't.
ReplyDeletePLEASE COME BY MY SITE FOR AN URGENT PRAYER REQUEST!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Charlotte, I love the picture! Looks like something I would do! You have a great sense of humor. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteI like your doll - and love the picture. It shows childhood how it really is. Too cute. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
~Martie
Pictures are worth a thousand
ReplyDeletewords. Amazing that you kept the
doll and the "nose" photo too.
Thanks for sharing both! :)
How great you have that doll and it is in fantastic shape!!
ReplyDeleteI finally took the time to read yesterdays blog. Busy day yesterday. It made me remember the last doll that my parents gave me. It was in the days when the dolls skin was, what? Whatever it was, it was easily distroyed. I buried it under a pile of grass and the next morning the dew had made the "skin" on the doll more wrinkled than mine is now.
ReplyDeleteI have a pile of Story Doll parts from my childhood. The only thing left from that age but the memories. My aunt used to make beautiful clothing for those dolls, both for mine and for my cousin, her daughter. Maybe I will take a picture and put it on my blog. They are a sad site to see. Would you like to have them?
Even tho' I have a password to get me into my blog that password won't work to leave msg.s I will just sign my name and leave the address to my blog in case some of you would like to see the sad remain tomorrow of my Story Book dolls. CHARLOTTE, I AM SERIOUS ABOUT GIVING YOU THE DOLLS IN CASE YOU WOULD LIKE TO "PLAY" WITH THEM AND KEEP THEM. Connie
www.downonthefarminmarana.
blogspot.com
YEAH! I did it. It worked. I was making it too hard with too many clicks of the mouse. NO OLD DOG ME! I learn more every day. Now I gotta go milk Becky's goats and feed the animals.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet little doll and I *love* that you have the picture of when you first got it...very neat!
ReplyDelete~Kelli
Even though it wasn't your favorite doll, I am sure you like it now. I had to laugh at you saying that about your finger in your nose. That is a typical kid for you.
ReplyDeleteI saw a picture of my Dad and Aunt outside with the Christmas tree also. Now you have my curoisty perked up. I will ask my 90 year old Grandma why they did that.
Thank you for sharing. :)