Friday, February 15, 2008

Show & Tell

Show and Tell
Valentines Day is over, but I’m still thinking hearts. Last week I talked about the pretty tins that Brighton jewelry comes in so today I decided to feature some jewelry. Here are two bracelets, two necklaces, two pair of earrings and a ring. (You can’t see it very well, but I have a Brighton belt on in the header picture.) I’ve been collecting Brighton jewelry for about ten years, maybe longer. I got Brighton for birthdays, Mother’s Days, anniversaries, Christmases, and other special occasions. I hardly ever wear any other kind of jewelry now. I have two Brighton necklaces with crosses. I guess they’re my favorites, but I like the hearts awfully well too. Maybe I should be a salesman for Brighton. I'm certainly sold on it. Of course, if gold jewelry is your thing, and not silver, you probably wouldn't like it.

Nannykim asked me what the book was about that I wrote about in last Sunday’s blog. Tomorrow I’ll answer that question.

20 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty....and so lovingly displayed for us.

    My Show N Tell is shared, if you haven't stopped by I hope you will; for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely collection of jewelry. I have a large collection as well. You just don't see people wearing necklaces like the good ol' days do you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love heart-shaped jewelry. Those are so pretty! I don't think I have heard of Brighton's -- will have to look for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlotte, I never heard of Brighton jewelery before you. It is very pretty but...gold is my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok--I know nothing of Brighton jewelry--does it have a website and why are you so fond of it? Is it nickle free--or do you not have trouble with reactions. They are very pretty and feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :D Isn't Brighton fun? I used to sell it in a resort I worked in. I have a beautiful heart bracelet of my own - and a lovely watch that needs a new battery. :/ I miss that watch! LOL!
    Thanks for sharing! Have a lovely, blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :D Isn't Brighton fun? I used to sell it in a resort I worked in. I have a beautiful heart bracelet of my own - and a lovely watch that needs a new battery. :/ I miss that watch! LOL!
    Thanks for sharing! Have a lovely, blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of your Brighton. It is very pretty.
    Have a blessed day,
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remembered you before I saw your blog! I remembered how inviting your kitchen was in your picture!

    I like your hearts. I have a friend who sells FAITH jewelry which is also very pretty. I don't wear a lot of jewelry since I have a house-cleaning business and you don't get too prettied up to go clean toilets! Ha Ha!

    Have a great weekend!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice Brighton items. My collection consists of 2 purchases, a key flog, and 2 glass cases. I love both gold and silver jewelry. Being raise in NM I have quite a bit of silver and turquoise.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I generally prefer gold to silver, but your collection is very pretty. I found you at the over 50 blogroll. I'm making the rounds trying to get acquainted.
    -Eve

    ReplyDelete
  12. EVE, if you happen back by this way, I tried to find your blog but clicking on your name didn't take me to it. I would like to get acquainted. Maybe you'll come back this way and see this message.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enlarged the photo, and this
    heart jewelry is very lovely.
    Your doing a good job talking
    about the jewelry, so yes it
    always easier to sell something
    when you believe in it!!! I can
    tell you luv it alot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I checked out your jewelry and I really like the heart in the envelope charm-it's adorable. Your jewelry is lovely. Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks for visiting my show and tell. Yes, I remember the crocheted dress that you showed last week. It is so neat that you saved it over the years. That is a lot of work represented there. My mom has crocheted dresses and numerous doilies with and without beads.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Brighton. I have a watch. I've look at a couple of other pieces, but haven't bought yet!!!
    (FIrst time visitor) --- Hubby and I have been married 38 years...still pastoring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can see why you love their jewelry...very pretty.

    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is very pretty jewellery. Lovely to collect.

    Blessings.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful. I love silver jewelry, my wedding ring is not gold but white gold.
    I enjoyed seeing the jewelry that came in your cute heart tins.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such pretty jewelry. Thanks for sharing! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful jewelry! I especially love the envelope with the tiny heart!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte