Of course there’s a story behind it. Isn’t there always a story behind everything? Anyway, here’s the story about the blue pot.
I saw one on display at a Macy’s store – in fact I saw it on display at two different Macy’s stores. I thought they were really pretty and I had been wanting an enamel coated cast iron pot that size. So, I looked at them at both stores for a long time, and finally walked away without purchasing one. They were on sale for half price too. I thought, I’ve got a birthday coming up, maybe I’ll ask for one for my birthday.
So when my daughter asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I told her I wanted a Martha Stewart blue pot. When she went to get one at Macy’s they told her they were all out of them. In fact, there weren’t any in any store in Arizona. I guess Martha Stewart had featured them on one of her TV shows, and every woman in Arizona had to have one. Well, I had already wanted the pot, but when I found out they were unavailable, I wanted it twice as bad. I thought, “Why didn’t I buy one when they were available which I almost did.”
Anyway, I got something else from my daughter for my birthday, a gift card from Sur la Table which I was very happy with. Sometime later, my dear husband, knowing how much I wanted the pot, called around to all of the Macy's stores in the area to see if they had one. Macy's is the only store that carries that line of Martha Stewart stuff. He finally found one at a distant store. We went there and purchased the pot. I'm glad he was with me to carry it to the car. It was quite heavy.
The blue pot that Ginger bought is really pretty. She got it at a great bargain price. If you haven’t read her story, click on http://enchantingcottage.blogspot.com/ to read it.
I liked that story.....especially the part when you told how when Macy's was "out of the blue pot you wanted it TWICE as bad."...we humans are SO like that! HA!
ReplyDeleteYour new blog topper is pretty....I love how BRIGHT your home is. It's very dark and cloudy and rainy here today....ugh. I'm debating on going back to bed. HA!
I Just love your blue pot. Thank-you for the idea. I am like that also. I want it more if it's not available. I too like your new banner. Your home is so pretty. I am trying to make our home a bit more brighter but not sure on what to do. I am thinking maybe a lighter wall color. Not anytime soon because I would like to be married a bit longer.
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed day,
ginger
Your new banner is awesome. That's so funny how we want something so bad, and then even more so when we know it's next to impossible to find! Great story behind the blue pot!
ReplyDeleteWe came over to say hello from Ginger's blog...have a blessed day!
ReplyDeletesmiles, kari & kijsa
neat neat story.
ReplyDeleteThat was so nice of Tick to do that for you. What a sweet husband you have.
ReplyDeleteginger
great story and beautiful pot--I do a lot of cooking with iron but none of mine is enameled and they say it is better for you.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet story. I saw Ginger's blog, and read about the "blue" pot, and now here. I am really liking this blue pot...
ReplyDeleteAnd- what a beautiful kitchen...should be in a magazine.