Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Books, Books and More Books

When I first started writing my blog, I mentioned that my doll room was one of my favorite rooms. This bookcase is in another one of my favorite rooms -- the room where we spend most of our time -- the family room.

My husband loves books. When we moved to our last church over 18 years ago, the preacher's office had beautiful bookcases, which would have probably been fine for most pastors, but there wasn't nearly enough room for his collection. So, the church built more bookcases for him. When we were thinking about retiring a big question was, "Where will we put all the books." So we had a bookcase built on one whole wall in our family room. A whole bunch more books are in our home office where I'm sitting right now. There are books everywhere. Guess what he got for Christmas? Among other things, he got about 5 more books. One thing for sure, we'll never run out of something to read.

6 comments:

  1. I just love your bookcase. I think it's one of my favorit things in your home. I had a weather badge also but something funny happen it changed cities and I can't get Corona. I put my zip code and another city by me comes up. I like your signature also. I tried that when I first started to blog but I could never get the code just write, or I was putting it in the wrong place. Oh well maybe you can help me next time we are there.
    Thank-you the kind words about my grandfather.
    Blessings,
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love books too--we have always had lots of bookcase too--some of ours are hidden behing louver doors, some in staircace landing, some in the attic, etc. I think pastors in particular have this problem ;-) !

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh--I never proof read for typos!!! like your bookcases.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love books and I love bookcases. There's just something comforting to know a book is close at hand.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlotte you inspire me. You have an artist eye with your camera. It is always interesting to see the changes you have made on your blog. Beautiful. But for me? I spent way too much time on my computer yesterday. Not enough time with yarn in my hands. Connie
    p.s. I thought I had the password figured out (another reason I spent too much time on the computer) but this site doesn't like it so I am going to have to go with A-NON-E-MOOSE again

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love books too, and have always had way too many. Your bookshelves look great.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte