Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Another Horse

Yes, I sold the horse I won and bought a camera, but there would be another horse in my life.

This horse was a palomino that I named Pam. When I graduated from high school, we immediately moved to Colorado. My Dad had gone ahead and rented a house and bought me a horse. I really didn’t know anything about horses, but I thought it would be nice to have one and to learn to ride, which I never did. I think my Dad wanted the horse more than I did. I really wasn’t a horse person as you can probably tell by this picture. I’m not getting too close to it. We moved back to California in less than a year and my horse days were over. The horse stayed in Colorado.

5 comments:

  1. My goodness, your blog is beautiful and clever! I like your old photos, and all of them, for that matter.

    Thank you for visiting my blog!

    Hopefully, its warm today in Scottsdale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least you tried being a horse owner and new it wasen't for you. I always wanted a horse growing up, my aunt was a rodeo queen and I looked up to her always.I had nick nacks of horses in my room and pictures. But I never did have one. The picture of you is so cute.
    Have a nice day,
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed all three posts about the camera and the horses. I just love the cameras of today! I can't tell you how many digitals I've had, but I have one in my purse at all times. There's a Kodak moment every where you look as far as I'm concerned. LOL I saw a quote recently that I love:

    "A Birth Certificate shows that we were born.
    A Death Certificate shows that we died
    Pictures show that we lived!"
    ~author unknown

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. My oldest daughter thought/thinks I am a bad mommy because I never bought a horse for her. Now, we are surrounded by horses, but not hers. She has compensated, I guess, by having goats, chicken, ducks, dogs, a cat and before the hawks got them all, many rabbits. It is good, all good, she has to take care of them and not me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tried to be brave around horses, but they do their little snort thing and I'm am off running to my porch, lickety split! I love to love them from a distance, they are such a beautiful animal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte