
I discovered the Apron Queen had a new Thursday thing called Vintage Thingies. It's similar to the Show & Tell that Kelli does on Fridays but this is just for vintage things and it is on Thursdays. I have been planning to participate in this for over a month. Seems like every week it just wasn't convenient for me to do it but today I decided I would take the leap.
Being the "old" lady that I am I have quite a bit of vintage stuff. When I saw the picture to the left it reminded me of the mixer my parents gave us for one of our wedding gifts. It's amazing that I still have this old mixer as I haven't used it in many many years. But I hated to get rid of it for sentimental reasons. It was out in a cabinet in the garage. I told my Hubby what I was going to do so he dug it out for me and cleaned it up some. (Wasn't that sweet of him). Then I brought it in the house and took this picture.
The old mixer still looks pretty good. Both of the bowls got broken years ago and the beaters are missing. It had a juicer that sat on top of it that I had until just recently when I cleaned out my kitchen drawers and got rid of it. This is a Sunbeam Mixmaster. I remember my Mom saying this was the best mixer made then. We also got a Sunbeam hand mixer for our wedding. I remember being a little distressed when we got the hand mixer thinking "We don't need two mixers." But I was wrong. I ended up using the hand mixer much more than the large one.
This is a platter to the set of dishes my parents also gave us for our wedding. I still use the platter, but not the rest of the dishes. I love dishes and have bought lots of different ones in the last 50 years. Many sets have come and gone.
I have a friend who is an avid collector of many things and one of those things is an old Kitchen Aid (AIDE?) mixer (I think it is just one mixer, knowing him, he may collect many mixers) and he also collects the things that go with it. I was with him one time when he bought a bowl to go with. I know that you can get those additions at antique stores if you want to add collecting thingies to go with the mixer. Everyone needs thingies added to their collection list :-)
ReplyDeleteI have a vintage Sunbeam Mixmaster that I actually use. Yours still looks awesome. You've taken good care of it. You can probably find the mixing bowls on e-bay. Thanks for playing.
ReplyDeleteFor your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen, the home of Vintage Thingies Thursdays.
Just like the one my mom had, and she had the juicer too. When I sold it an a garage sale!! in 1983 the bowls, small and large were still with it also. As I am saying now outloud...you can't keep everything!
ReplyDeleteI love your Vintage Thingies! That rose plate is gorgeous!! I love roses - and it is just beautiful!! Have a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteJoin me every weekend for "Weekend Decorating" at: http://emsbingy.blogspot.com
My in-laws gave us this exact Mixmaster for our wedding in 1964. It had the juice attachment(now gone) but I still use it once a year to make icing for the grandkids gingerbread house at the family Christmas Party. I remember the year my Dad gave my Mom her first mixmaster in the
ReplyDelete50's. She was so excited she beat water all day long.
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Judy
Like Apron Queen, I use my old Mixmaster from about 1969 - it was my mom's and works fine...not worthy of a photo though. Yours is realy nice, and the plate is lovely!
ReplyDeleteYour treasures are wonderful, Charlotte! I love the pretty plate!
ReplyDelete~Kelli
Your vintage thingies look nice You always take good care of your things. Your ivy looks like it is getting big.
ReplyDeleteTake care,
ginger
Oh my Mum had that mixer! I learnt to bake with it. love it.
ReplyDeleteWill enjoy reading through your blog, it looks lovely.
Hey! My mom still uses that mixer! Does your's work?
ReplyDeleteThat's a lovely platter, Charlotte. I have never seen a mixer like that or if I have I can't remember it.
ReplyDeleteWELCOME Charlotte, My mom just got
ReplyDeleterid of her old yellow colored
mixer like this one and I was
lucky to get it. The bowls are
the best because they have that
lip to easily pour batter. :)
That looks like a mixer I used to have - probably also got it at our wedding many ago. I think ours stopped working. Don't know what happened to it.
ReplyDeleteHugs.
Hi Charlotte, I love vintage things, in case you haven't noticed! I might join in on the Vintage Thursday sometime.
ReplyDeleteI'll head over to Ruthie's blog and introduce myself.
Have a great weekend.
Brenda :)
I may have to try this. I've been married 48 years and still am using my wedding gifts. Sounds like fun. I could post a photo of my husband! I think my mom had dishes like your rose.
ReplyDelete