The
EAST SAN GABRIEL VALLEY
REPUBLICAN WOMEN'S CLUB, FEDERATED
cordially invites you
to a
GARDEN RECEPTION
honoring
Mrs. Ronald Reagan
at the home of
Mrs. James R. Davis
1501 East Vine Street, West Covina, California
Monday, October 24, 1966
Please respond:
(four names and their telephone numbers were given)
Donation - $1.00
Can you imagine that? $1.00 donation? Now it would probably be $1000.00 donation (and I wouldn't be going) or at least $100.00. I was always a Reagan fan. We got to hear him speak at a formal dinner in Century City in 1969. This was a dinner for Pepperdine University where my Hubby got his Master's Degree and both of our children graduated from. I have a lot of pictures I've taken at Pepperdine through the years. I'll have to post some of them in the future.
Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely memento....I've always held Nancy in high esteem and the epitome of a lady as was Jackie Kennedy and I consider Laura Bush to be...
Our friends, Marion and John, have returned home to their home in Wales...I am posting in segments our time together....Betty
How special that must have been for you. I always liked the Reagans. Never met a president, but I did meet Dan Quayle years ago. Boy, was he a handsome man!!!
ReplyDeleteFirst, I never get tired of Hawaii pictures and you both look great.
ReplyDeleteYour tap dance pictures are adorable.
Recently I was just invited to a reception for John McCain and it was $,1000 a plate. We didn't attend that on but maybe soon I'll post some pictures of being with him at another event. Take care.
What a great memory to have!! I always liked President Reagan too!!
ReplyDeleteSandy
Thanks for sharing the memory!! Isn't that awesome!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Terrie
What a wonderful thing to have saved - a bit of history.
ReplyDeleteHope your knee is doing better.
Blessings.