Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Many times Mother's Day is celebrated and given great emphasis, but not Father's Day. Our children have always treated Mother's Day and Father's Day equally. We will enjoy being with them today.


My father passed away almost 10 years ago. I thought I would post a few pictures of him in tribute.

My Dad at age 16.

We lived in this trailer for a short time. I like this picture because I am peeking out through the window in the door.

Here's a closer look.

He was a trucker for most of his adult life. Here he is by his truck in Colorado where it was being loaded with lumber. He hauled it to Nebraska.

This was taken at his 50th Anniversary party. He hated dressing up but he really enjoyed this party. I think he looks pretty happy in this photo.

I want to wish all you fathers out there a very Happy Father's Day.

By the way, I had to go back to the old computer to finish this post because I couldn't find some of the pictures. I've got a lot of organizing to do.

10 comments:

  1. My dad was also a trucker. He did a lot of things to keep his family fed. Trucker, janitor, mechanic, sometimes two jobs at a time. He was a good man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte, What a loving tribute to your father. I love that picture of you peeking through the window too. My dad was also a truck driver. Have a lovely day. Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading about your Dad and seeing the pictures of him. Nice tribute to him. I posted a tribute to my Daddy today also. Hope you can visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your post on your father. I wish mine was still here. Have a great week.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you on the two holidays. Mom's seems to get more of the credit. BUT not in this house! Glad you get to spend the day with your kids!
    Have fun on the iMac and keep us informed on the differences. My daughter is saving $$ to buy one.
    God bless,
    Brenda :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to see these pictures. I did the same thing on my blog today also. I love writing so this is always fun to write about what you know about..Our dads..
    I am glad that you like your Mac...that is great!! I have never even been on one. Would be fun to see how it operates. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Remember me? I've been so bad about blog reading lately...not because I don't want to read, but because of my crazy life recently. Lots of company, which has been wonderful and then all the medical tests, etc. You've been a busy, busy girl. I've really enjoyed reading all your posts I've missed and seeing all your photos. I especially loved this tribute to your Dad.

    Happy Father's Day to your sweet hubby.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charlotte ~
    I enjoyed getting to know a little about your father ~ he is so handsome in his dressed up clothes ~
    I found your blog through Linda and look forward to visiting you more often ~
    xoxo,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  9. What nice pictures of your dad.It was a nice tribute. I hope everyone had fun today.
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice pictures, your father was a handsome man~ so I can see good looks run in the family. What a treasure of pictures you have kept & shared. I always enjoy visiting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte