Monday, June 16, 2008
Old Cars
Yippee. The old cars that I talked about last week were not back at the church, but two other cars were there. The ones there before were 1940 Fords. These were Chevrolets. I think they are 1956 models. Back in the '50s I knew what make and year almost all the cars were. Of course there were not nearly as many different ones as there are now. I especially liked Buicks, Pontiacs and pink Cadillac convertibles. Anyway, I'm off the subject. Today when I saw these old cars parked at the church, I immediately drug my camera out of my purse and shot a couple of pictures. These two cars were visual aids for the sermon series - "The Old Made New". Here's the picture I took.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When I attended San Jose Bible College in San Jose, CA (now Bill Jessup University in the new location of Rocksomething, CA) a good friend had a car that look almost like the one in the front of your picture. His was black and white. I was there the fall of 1956 to spring of 1957, long enough to find the fella who would give me my MRS degree.
ReplyDeleteI love that car. My parents had a blue and white one just like that one. I love to go to car shows. Have a pleasant day.
ReplyDeleteKathi
Charlotte, the car is great...it looks just like one of our neighbor's. They also have a teardrop camper. Wish I had one! Anyways, I tagged you over at my blog....hope you can participate!
ReplyDeleteHave a good week.
Found you through Ruthie's website. I love your site. I read that you have a new Mac. I have been a Mac user and owner since 1990! I'm on my sixth one, I think. It is an Imac which I just got a few months ago. I have to say that the blogger site isn't as friendly with Macs and without some help, I would never have figured out a few things. It goes really well now, even tho I still have to learn to somehow use some different fonts, put in videos, etc.
ReplyDeleteI personally think Mac's are so much more user friendly than PCs, however, I don't know how to operate a PC.
Sounds like you have a good time down there in Scottsdale. I have never been one of the snowbirds who migrate south for the winter, but I sure have a lot of friends that do that.
Love your picture of the Bible in your hands!
I shall return!
Joan
Thanks for your note on my post. As to your email--Did you buy the extended warrenty--I hope you did, because they will walk you through everything--its been worth every penny to me. I had a terrible time with email with my first Imac and they stuck with me until it was all set up and I hadn't lost my address book. Just an idea.
ReplyDeleteYou got in on the second part of Jon's story. I chose to write about him because I adopted him as a three day old baby, the sixth single person to be allowed to adopt in the state of Oregon. (This was 43 years ago) I have other kids I plan to write about, but I had to write about Jonathan, he has been such a special child--after all, he made me a mommie! (many more followed, but never another baby)
Hope you get your email figured out! It is so frustrating when the computers won't do as we want them to!!!
Thanks for stopping by.
Joan
Hi Charlotte!
ReplyDeleteGood to hear from you....I've been checking out your site but haven't left a comment so it is time to do so.
By the way you have the BEST family photos...especially of you as a child. Your folks did a really great job of taking them. Or whoever did that. They are still in such great shape. I love seeing them....
Have a GREAT day....oh....enjoy your new PC....we are looking for a new laptop. Always so much to consider with all these things isn't there?
See ya!
Joyce M.
Gosh that looks like a car we had when I was little. Ours was a light turquoise and white. Very cool.
ReplyDeleteHugs!
Kat
I like old cars, this are pretty cars. It seems like there's not a many older cars out like there use to be.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day,
ginger
Now that seems very interesting. Special someone would go to that trouble for the sermon. I like that idea.Missed you,Brenda
ReplyDeleteWhat a Great car,
ReplyDeleteI adore old and antique car….
A car like the one we had when we were first married just went for over 80,000 dollars.
It was my husband's car…
As a new married couple we could not afford to put gas in that car, it averaged 10 miles a gal.
Therefore, we sold it….oh how we wished we could have kept it…
Louise
I love those old cars. The old Chevrolet reminds me of a car my boyfriend had back then.
ReplyDeleteI love the pix of the old cars. I remember them well.
ReplyDeleteAlso enjoyed your tribute to your father. How wonderful to look back on special times.
I left something for you on my blog.
SMiles.
Old car shows are fun. They always look so roomy and I remember never having to be buckled up...LOL!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry I've not been by for a bit!