Thursday, July 24, 2008

Precious Dolls

Show and Tell

Since I shared my favorite doll that I made last Friday, I thought I'd share this book I have about dolls. I have several books about dolls.  This is one of my favorites. The dolls in this book are antique dolls. Many of the dolls I made are replicas of antique dolls including the one I shared last week. If you missed my post about my favorite doll last week and if you would like to see it, you can go here to see the post.


This is a Bru doll similar to my doll that I shared last week.




There are lots of other pretty dolls in the book, but I just chose these as a sample to share with you today. 



16 comments:

  1. Looks like a book to sit down and just mull over! Is that showing my age??? The pictures look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dolls, great book!
    Kathy (mimisgarden.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos!

    I have my mother's Shirley Temple doll--she even has teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tried to make a doll before. It is not easy. I did make a Cabbage Patch Doll but because I am not good with my hands, I had my hubby paint the eyes on.

    Do you make the entire doll as in do you form the face? You must have great art and dexterity in your hands. I looked through your doll collection and they are beautiful.

    When I was a child I remember going to a lady's home and seeing a doll on the bed and her face looked much like the one in the picture. She had on a circle dress that laid in a circle all around her. I loved looking at her. She was beautiful as are your dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why this book would be one of your favorites. [someone on the SnT list has an entry on her Titanic Dolls...did you see that one yet?]

    Loved your show n tell this week...you always show wonderful things. And it doesn't hurt for the fact I LOVE books! All books.



    My show n tell isn't what I had planned to do this week, the hurricane Dolly prevented me to have much online time this week since the time I did have was updating on the storm coming through our area. Next week, I hope to have my 'tears' show n tell. This week, I opted with photos I had on the computer already - bric a brac in our master bath. Come by if you can. I'd love a visit from you...and, HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book has such pretty pictures. The dolls are beautiful. Great coffee table book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are beautiful and what a neat book :)

    BTW, you are close to me, I'm in Glendale :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your post reminded me about the many antique dolls my grandparents used to collect. One in particular I remember was very tall - Madame Alexander I think.

    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful book. I think your dolls are amazing. Do you have them on display somewhere in your home?
    Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Those are beautiful dolls. You should make a book with all your dolls. Like the book you got for your 50th anniversary.
    Take care,
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  12. What precious dolls! I bet you could sit for hours on end and look at each one of them :). Thank you for sharing!

    Have a Fantastic Friday!
    Kathi :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice book, Katherine. The dolls are beautiful. I love old dolls and have a few of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing these beautiful dolls. The antique dolls are really special with their lovely faces and pretty attire.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful book! I love all those dolls, but I think my favorite is the first (opened page) blond doll on the right.

    I would love to have one of those, but doubt I would ever take the time to make one! I'll just continue to admire yours!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely book, Charlotte! The dolls are so sweet and I love their lacy outfits.
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte