Have you ever played this marble solitaire game? I've tried to many times. The only way I can do it is to follow the instructions, move one marble and then look at the instructions to see which marble to move next, and so on. It's very slow and tedious, but it can be done. Yesterday while our kids were at our house, our son decided he was going to memorize it so that he could do it without looking at the instructions. It took him a little over an hour, but now he can move those marbles very fast, and end up with just one marble in the middle which is the object of the game.
I was a little reluctant to get in the pool yesterday. It was exactly one year ago that I slipped on the top step getting in and twisted my knee that started my knee problem that now one year later still is a major problem. It is a lot better than it was, but I don't think it will ever be completely pain free again unless I have knee replacement surgery which my doctor says I will need eventually. One thing for sure, I took my flip flops off before I stepped in. That's what caused me to fall last year.
I've never heard of that game, Charlotte. It looks fun. I'm sorry about your knee.
ReplyDeleteI love you song and your banner. Have a safe and happy weekend, Kathi
I am so sorry you are still having knee problems. I know how you feel daily! I like your plaque it's pretty.It sounds like you had a fun 4th, wish we could of been there.
ReplyDeleteTake care,
ginger
Hi Charlotte
ReplyDeleteI've never seen that game before. It reminds me a little bit of those on the tables at Cracker Barrels. I love the plaque you hung on your fence.
I don't blame you for being VERY careful now about entering your pool. Knee problems are NO FUN! My husband has had a number of operations on his knee. The doctor talked to him about a knee replacement. For awhile George was getting those shots in the knee that puts "stuff" in so the bones don't rub against each other. But, good news! Since we've been biking so much, he's built up the muscles around his knee and hasn't had any problems (knock on wood) or needed a shot in over 9 months. Yeah! You might consider trying a stationary bike if you're not comfortable riding a street bike.
Hugs!
Kat
Charlotte: Don't give up hope about having the knee pain go away. Mine is mostly gone, after about a year of "taking a step, dragging the foot with the bad knee". That is after the inserts in my shoes. Another pain. Three days after I moved, I stepped down out of a door that had no step. I didn't jump but must have pulled something. Xrays showed no injury but I had big pain in the ankle for somewhere just less than two years. The expensive brace the doctor order hurt my ankle so much that I couldn't use it. I tried other things that didn't work also. When I went to TN to see my daughter and family, my sweet son-in-law put an unused brace that my grand daughter had used when she injured her ankle, put it on tight and I wore it almost all waking hours for quite some time. I seldom have a twing in my ankle now. DON'T GIVE UP!
ReplyDelete