Tuesday, July 1, 2008

About Yesterday

Hubby's eye doctor report - EXCELLENT! He can resume doing all activities. He is one ambitious man. He is making plans to clean the carpet in our bedroom and bathroom. (No, Connie, you still can't have him.)

About the ice cream. We were both a little disappointed. First off they didn't have the flavor Hubby wanted (pineapple coconut) so he got Kauai Pie flavor, which is their most popular flavor. I had my heart set on coconut macadamia nut and they didn't have that either, so I settled for date caramel fudge which was good, but not what I wanted. And then - we neither one thought the quality was as good as what we got in Hawaii. The texture wasn't the same. Maybe it's because we were not in Hawaii? No, we thought about that. It definitely just wasn't as good.

Guess we'll have to go back to Hawaii to get the real thing. Maybe for our 75th wedding anniversary. Ha Ha. That is a laugh in so many ways.



8 comments:

  1. That is GREAT NEWS~~~ It is amazing what they do now days. I'm sorry to hear your ice cream was not very good.
    Have a great day,
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotte,

    Thank you for visiting me today. I see that we have a number of books that we love in common.
    I got a smile for "As for me and my blog..."
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your husband got a good report from his eye doctor and sorry about the ice cream not being as good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful progress you hubby has made. Mine had just the same good results from his surgery. It's hard to keep them from overdoing.
    Those ice cream flavors sound wonderful, too bad they were disappointing.
    (On our last cruise we met a couple who had been married 73 yrs) They were doing wonderfully!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry the ice cream wasn't like you hoped it would be....oh well, it means you just have to go back to Hawaii again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your feeling well today. I miss you when you don't post.
    Take care,
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you got a good report form the doc. .... there is nothing better than ice cream in the summer...
    Have a happy 4th
    HUgs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charlotte,
    Hi, I'm Brenda's sister, so alot of the experiences she mentions at times, we shared. I'm her little big sister and she's my big little sister, due to the fact that she is taller than I am but I'm older.
    Anyway, I like your posts and it's great news for your husband. I too am blessed with a very special guy, my husband, that I call 'My Man'. He is so supportive of me and all my medical issues and he even gave me one of his kidneys, can you believe that?
    Anyway, thanks for sharing a Patriotic theme for the week. And for sharing yourself with others.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte