Do pink flamingos like these ever show up in your neighborhood? I have seen them at different times. A few days ago we passed by this house in our neighborhood and there they were. We were on our way to breakfast (that was the week we went out for breakfast almost every morning). So I told Hubby I wanted to stop back by there and take a picture. Yep, I've learned to carry my camera in my purse at all times. You never know when you might run into a bunch (flock?) of flamingos. The sign in the yard said Happy 60th Anniversary. We just had our 50th. I wonder if the flamingos will show up for the 60th. You never know.
I would call that a RIOT of flamingos!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I heard of a youth group that "planted" the flamingos for a fund raiser. People from their church would wake up to find a whole bunch in their yard like this, with a note to call for "Flamingo Removal Services", and of course they were expected to make a donation for the services. Pretty funny!
ReplyDeleteMy hubby got them for his 45th birthday...he was still in the ministry and some families from church sent them. Hubby didn't quite know what to think of it! I think they are so cute!
ReplyDeleteI've heard about this flamingo mystery...how they show up just out of the blue and then disappear the next morning!
ReplyDeleteAnd they tell us that flamingos are a 'thing of the past and you can't find them in stores anymore?'....well, now I know why...they're all in Scottsdale!!
60 years together? how wonderful!!! i wonder what they thought of all those pink flamingos in their yard...
ReplyDeleteI've never seen this done, but I've heard about it. Our Walmart here sells them. Cute photos!
ReplyDeleteHugs!
Kat
That's great! I've never heard of that before. That's a ton of flamingos!
ReplyDeleteGod bless,
Brenda
That's so true about carrying the camers at all times! We were getting our RV ready for camping and 3 beautiful jets were just taking off and flew right over out heads and I didn't have my camera. What a beautiful site.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a great 50th. I like the idea of breakfast out all week.
That is the cutest thing I have ever seen~~~ Someone had a great idea.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day,
ginger